Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Hi everyone

Default Re: Hi everyone

Cute right? He's so funny, he likes my husband more than me and climbs on him sometimes when we sit on the couch quietly. He seems also be wrestling with my husbands leg? I doubt he's actually fighting him, it looks playful. We nicknamed him Spiderman as he's hanging from the couch often.

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2020-05-10 at 14.38.28.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  64.5 KB

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2020-05-10 at 14.38.29.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  116.7 KB

I'm unsure what he was reaching for, there were no birds in the cage at this time.

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to RedBen from:

Chirps (05-10-2020)

He is super cute! It’s good to hear that he’s adjusting to both of you.

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

RedBen (05-10-2020)

Adorable!! 🐿😊

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Merako from:

RedBen (05-10-2020)

Red properly played with me for the first time yesterday! I approached him with a teddy bear and he rolled all around it, even hanging from it while I lifted it up from the ground! So funny, he seems to warm up... There's stills from a video here, how do I post a video?

I also got a picture of his tummy, would anyone be able to say if he's a boy or a girl? I'm guessing a boy but I find no references on internet...

Name:  IMG_5932.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  112.3 KB

Name:  IMG_5933.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  34.0 KB

Name:  IMG_5934.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  43.8 KB

Name:  IMG_5935.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  57.0 KB

8. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to RedBen:

Chirps (05-13-2020), Nancy in New York (05-13-2020), RockyPops (05-14-2020)

Videos have to be posted to another source like YouTube and then the link to access it posted here.

Can you get a picture of the belly showing the orientation of his legs and tail to the nub? It’s kinda hard for me to tell from the picture.

If the nub is about 1/8 inch away from the rectum it’s a girl. If it’s further up the belly it’s a boy. Testicles don’t drop till boys are older.

10. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mel1959:

Chirps (05-13-2020), Diggie's Friend (11-09-2020), RockyPops (05-14-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1959 View Post
    Videos have to be posted to another source like YouTube and then the link to access it posted here.

Can you get a picture of the belly showing the orientation of his legs and tail to the nub? It’s kinda hard for me to tell from the picture.

If the nub is about 1/8 inch away from the rectum it’s a girl. If it’s further up the belly it’s a boy. Testicles don’t drop till boys are older.
    He's upside down in the pic, lol, you can see the beginning of his tail in the top. I'll try to get a better picture!

12. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to RedBen:

Chirps (05-13-2020), Nancy in New York (05-13-2020), RockyPops (05-14-2020)

Thanks for the update! What a gorgeous, happy bo-- umm, gi-- umm, squirrel! I thought my baby was a boy but they told me if you have to ask, it's a girl! Either way, so good for Red to have found you! I look forward to videos when you figure that out.
    "I hope everyone got or gets their Baby Love today"~Shewhosweptforest

https://www.henryspets.com/1-baby-squirrel-care-guide/

14. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Chirps:

RedBen (05-13-2020), RockyPops (05-14-2020)

I am betting that Red is a girlie!

16. Serious fuzzy thank you's to CritterMom from:

RockyPops (05-14-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by CritterMom View Post
    I am betting that Red is a girlie!
    Me too.
    "I hope everyone got or gets their Baby Love today"~Shewhosweptforest

https://www.henryspets.com/1-baby-squirrel-care-guide/

18. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Chirps from:

RockyPops (05-14-2020)

That is a cutie pie! What beautiful colors on the coat.

20. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Newbiewnc from:

RockyPops (05-14-2020)

I vote girl!

Default Shaking squirrel, I need some guidance.

I have never been a part of a forum before so please bare with me. I am trying to get some help for my squirrel. She is a juvenile female. A few days ago I noticed blood in her urine. Today she is shaking (more than usual). She cannot hold her feet still and her heart is going a million miles an hour. She is eating a bit and drinking some water. Earlier today she was acting fairly normal. What is going on?

I posted on your other thread. Can you give us some background about her? What does she eat? What’s her history? Was she fed formula? Which one?

I hope your squirrel is well, MissMissy, I can't help you unfortunately but I'm sure the other users of this forum can!

Red is suddenly really interested in using us as a tree, as of this morning he decides to jump on us if we offer him our arm from the cage. I only do this with a hoodie on cause his nails are ssssharp! He's very friendly though, when he does it, and I hope he soon gets comfortable enough to take a nap with us on the couch.

I changed his cage setting a bit, I installed a platform for him and since then I haven't seen him do any back flips!

25. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to RedBen:

Chirps (05-30-2020), RockyPops (05-30-2020)

We need some more pics of HER!

27. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to CritterMom:

Chirps (05-30-2020), RedBen (05-31-2020), RockyPops (05-30-2020)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW5drIDpypM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHH_DMq79u4

I hope the links work, Red now jumps on us if we ask him by patting our leg or shoulder.

Sorry, they look like they've been filmed with a potato, lol!
    The door was obviously only open for this video, we usually have a mosquito net or the glass door closed.

I tried to make more photos of Red's belly but I didn't see the nub, it was covered by fur, so that'll have to wait!

29. Serious fuzzy thank you's to RedBen from:

RockyPops (05-31-2020)

I see one of the videos doesn't have sound, sorry for that!

31. Serious fuzzy thank you's to RedBen from:

RockyPops (06-01-2020)

You have graduated to being a tree! Congrats. I see you have a Fully Approved Squirrel Suit, too - unless all of your UAE neighbors wear multiple layer sweat suits, too...

33. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to CritterMom:

RedBen (06-01-2020), RockyPops (06-01-2020)

Yeah it's freezing here! When Red's out the A/C is on so I can wear my jumper and sweats ha ha ha... I do need to cut his nails I think, but I'll wait with that until he can sit still for longer than 2 seconds.

I have another hilarious video of Red playing with a pair of headphones like a cat, I'll try to upload that too.

35. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to RedBen:

Chirps (06-01-2020), RockyPops (06-01-2020)

Welcome to The Squirrel Board! Cute little guy you have there! Caucasian squirrels belongs to the pine squirrel group. That said, pinenuts (Itallian Pignolie Pinenuts, are one of the worst nut sources on the planet, as they are super high in phosphorus to calcium that results in osteoporosis occurring when this seed is used as feed. It is for this reason that this seed should never been fed to any tree squirrel no matter what the species!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasian_squirrel

The English walnut, aka: 'Persian Walnut' is one of the better sources of nuts in your region. Yet like all nuts, this one also should be limited in the diet for it is still higher in Phosphorus than calcium. Hazelnuts are also a good choice for pine squirrels. That said, nuts should be limited in captive squirrel diets for the more they are fed, not only are they higher in fat, which captive cared for tree squirrels don't require as much fat as those living in the wild do, resulting in obesity long term. The diet should include a rodent block diet that has a positive Calcium to phosphorus ratio, yet adding to most all of these diets nuts results in the whole diet ratio becoming equal in Calcium to Phosphorus or even inverted, that leads to the development over time to the development of osteoporosis known as Metabolic Bone Disease in terms of Rodent species. For this reason, adding additional calcium to the diet, optimally, Calcium citrate powder NOW Brand, and if not available, Calcium carbonate; the former was found to lend support to the long term function of the kidneys in rodents.

Rodent block sources though have been confirmed to contain toxins that can build up in the body in particular the liver. To counter toxins, "Pycnogenol" sourced from the cambium layer of the Maritime Pine grown in France. It contains a high level of polyphenols known to support the organs body and bones. If you can find, "Healthy Origins" brand where you are, or from Amazon.com UK, I would encourage you to get the (30 mg. capsule; for the amount in the diet daily, divide the total powder of one capsule down to one eighth part of the total powder, basically dividing the total powder into eight equal parts, including one part daily, for 8 days from one capsule. This added to organic low fat plain yogurt can lend better support to the health of your squirrel. If you can't find a source of Pycnogenol that is (30 mg.) but find a 50 mg. capsule of Pycnogenol is available, divide the total powder down to one twentieth part of the total powder in one capsule daily.

With a small measure of ground up Persian or English walnut, or Hazelnut, no more than 1/4 Tsp. add it to the yogurt twice daily.

I assume you have Pumpkin seed oil available there also. Pumpkin seed oil food grade has been confirmed in rodent research to lend protection to the liver. Organic food grade source, not a carrier oil source ever! Just one to two drops daily into the yogurt one drop to each meal (AM and PM) may also give it a better scent appeal. This sources is also good for males as it supports their prostrate health also. Nuts can contain alfatoxins.

https://allnaturalideas.com/pumpkin-seed-oil/

Neutralizes toxins

This research shows pumpkin seed oil lessens the effects of aflatoxin. Aflatoxins are toxic compounds.
    They are the result of certain molds found in food. If left untreated, they can cause liver damage and cancer.
    https://www.researchgate.net/publica...xicity_in_mice

Here is a study done that lists the blood values for this species. Keep a copy of this file or link to it, as reference should Veterinarian support be needed one in the future.

37. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Diggie's Friend from:

RedBen (06-03-2020)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast