Thread: Baby squirrel extremely weak

Tiffanywestney Guest

Exclamation Baby squirrel extremely weak

So I had no choice but to make the goats milk and cream formula I just recurved the fox valley today But my smaller girl is extremely weak and looking very dehydrated all of a sudden I’ve been pushing pedialite now and have it wrapped up in a blanket with a warm pad She seems to be breathing harder then a few min ago but out of the two she has been the one not eating as well or in general but I really wanna save her what do I do?!

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Tiffanywestney from:

RockyPops (03-28-2020)

Default Re: Baby squirrel extremely weak

Do u hear clicking when she breathes? Please keep posting someone will write u. Have you looked in to the file of rehydrateing, what antibiotics they need etc. Those are under emergency life threatening. A admin will help and figure out the dose for her weight. Have her weight and approximate age ready. Is there any vets where you live that will see her?

Sincerely
    Mary praying 4 u and her

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Ozzy2019 from:

RockyPops (03-28-2020)

Tiffanywestney Guest

Exclamation Re: Baby squirrel extremely weak

no clicking. She’s between 3&4 weeks but her eyes are still closed and 51.87 grams in weight
    I have not seen yet theThe postings with what anabiotic’s could be useful but I can almost guarantee that there will be no place around where I am that would be open or that would carry those anabiotic’s
    There’s also no veterinarians in my area that care for squirrels

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Tiffanywestney from:

RockyPops (03-28-2020)

Default Re: Baby squirrel extremely weak

Can you tell us how much and how often you are feeding her?

Are you pottying her with ever feeding... is she going?

Antibiotics would be for Aspiration Pneumonia (AP) but if she does not have a persistent click or crackling in her chest they may not be indicated. Cipro, Baytril, Augmentin, Clavamox are some that can treat AP, there are others. It is always recommended to have one of these on hand when caring for baby squirrels.. ask family, friends and neighbors of they have any antibiotics.

FWIW They do not open their eyes until about 5 weeks.

8. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Spanky:

Chirps (03-29-2020), RockyPops (03-28-2020)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.