Thread: Found healthy female (7-9 weeks guess). Healthy but will not eat

Default Found healthy female (7-9 weeks guess). Healthy but will not eat

Quick background: rehabbed squirrels multiple times, once from babies to over year and a half.
    3 weeks ago, friend called saying nest fell had 2 baby squirrels. I came and tried to et mother reunited; never happened. So took them in and feed/ kept them for about 5 days till I found a good home.
    Yesterday: same friend, new squirrel. Small young dog had found it and was carrying it around.
    Called me, I came and checked him out. Very healthy overall, no trauma. But covered in fleas. No sign of mother e.t.c, and with previous experience with other two squirrels so recently (and local cats/dogs) I just took him in immediately.

Been almost 36 hours, armed I cannot get her to consume liquids/ solid food (I have tried pedialyte/ goat milk formula via small oak syringe l/ fresh apple/ lettuce.

Corona (as we have named her) is still only interested in hiding; always trying to nest in her blanket or nearest dark place e.t.c.

With this new virus issue, not positive when I can get her there due to their restrictions. So if I need to keep her for a few days, any thoughts on eating/ drinking. What etc, also knowing getting fox vallet or whatnot may be difficult

Very healthy squirrel, seemingly just still very scared.

First picture: squirrels (from same tree, possibly same offspring) 3 weeks ago for scale.
    Next pics: current female, age unknown. Should help with answers.
    Final pic: my current setup, in case she is off weening.

Any and all info in appreciated
    Attached Images Attached Images     

2. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to hapyschizo:

frankc (03-28-2020), RockyPops (03-27-2020)

Default Re: Found healthy female (7-9 weeks guess). Healthy but will not eat

Have you tried various temps with liquids? Some times it needs to be very warm and other baby squirrels like it less warm.

Have you tried avocado or sugar snap peas (two things that are usually irresistible in my experience).

4. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Spanky:

Default Re: Found healthy female (7-9 weeks guess). Healthy but will not eat

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    Have you tried various temps with liquids? Some times it needs to be very warm and other baby squirrels like it less warm.

Have you tried avocado or sugar snap peas (two things that are usually irresistible in my experience).
    Ha I actually have both somehow. I will try both, as well as two differing syringes of warm vs warmer.

Thanks for the rapid response!

6. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to hapyschizo: