Thread: Thanks for the add !!

Question Thanks for the add !!

New to the group and have a quick question. Have a squirrel found and raised a couple years ago. Free roam (squirrel safe room). Showing signs of UTI. All I have on hand is Baytril 10%. Never given any meds before and need a little direction on dosing. She is about 480-500g in weight. Constantly running to her potty pan and she just sits there forever. When she finally comes out she dribbles here and there. Nothing is swollen or red but urine is pungent. Picky eater... some days she wont touch things that she normally ravages. She is very active. Doesnt seem to be in any pain. No vets that I know of as I'm sure my state doesnt allow it from what I've read. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA

UTI, urinary tract infection

Default Re: Thanks for the add !!

Hi Squirrelyfella69

to TheSquirrelBoard

Sorry we missed your post. She might be in heat. If she does indeed have a UTI, I can dose the Baytril for you. Let us know if you think she needs it. Can you give us more information about her? You mentioned she’s a picky eater. We hear that a lot. Give us an idea what she eats and maybe we can offer suggests with that also.

We have a network of FL squirrel peeps. We know many vets in FL that will see a squirrel if you need one now or in the future we might be able to recommend one near you.

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to HRT4SQRLS from:

Mel1959 (03-18-2020)