Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vomiting

Default Re: Vomiting

Update:
    I just gave her a couple teaspoons of pedialite with eggshells, some whole fat yogurt with some eggshells, small slice of apple, avocado, and strawberry. She ate and drank everything fine and seemed to love it. So far, shes keeping things down.

She is still very weak, like no body strength and poor balance. But she was up and running a bit as she escaped me when I was feeding her. She curled up to go back to sleep. Since shes eating and drinking, and is still somewhat active, i'll let her sleep through the night and bring her to the vet in the morning for her appointment.

If there is a small amount of the Motrin that I can dose her, please let me know and I'll get it in her asap.

Thanks

2. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Silverline:

Diggie's Friend (03-13-2020), RockyPops (03-12-2020)

Sorry. Use what I recommended - I was pretty accurate. .12cc every 4 hours as needed.

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to CritterMom from:

RockyPops (03-12-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by CritterMom View Post
    Sorry. Use what I recommended - I was pretty accurate. .12cc every 4 hours as needed.
    Will do.
    Thank you.

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Silverline from:

RockyPops (03-12-2020)

She's in the emergency room now. She had a seizure this morning as I was getting her into her transport cage.
    That was the scariest thing that I've ever been through with her.
    She's alert now and I'm waiting for them to finish with her.
    I have no idea what the hell happened too her. She was just fine a couple days ago. This is so stressful.
    Please send her love.
    I really hope that she pulls through.

8. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Silverline:

Chirps (03-14-2020), frankc (03-13-2020), Nancy in New York (03-13-2020), RockyPops (03-13-2020)

I am so sorry - I have been watching for updates all day. Seizures are pretty common with MBD...

10. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to CritterMom:

Chirps (03-14-2020), frankc (03-13-2020), RockyPops (03-13-2020)

They gave her calcium and vitamin booster shots, sub fluids, antibiotics, and a special formula to feed her at home. She's coming home with me. I just have to wait for the blood work and x-ray results to come in.
    She is not happy right now.

12. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Silverline:

Chirps (03-14-2020), frankc (03-13-2020), Nancy in New York (03-13-2020), RockyPops (03-13-2020)

I'm praying for our little beauty....Trooper Marie, and for you. Name:  pray.gif
Views: 77
Size:  2.7 KB

14. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Nancy in New York:

Chirps (03-14-2020), frankc (03-13-2020), RockyPops (03-13-2020), Silverline (03-13-2020)

She's back at home resting now.
    She is on med's now that I have to administer daily. Including calcium meds. All meds are liquid based that I can mix with food or use a syringe.
    She's more alert now, but is definitely resting. The vet advised against pain meds at this point. He doesn't think that she is in physical pain, just more sick feeling than anything. He advised that if she gets worse or that she is looking like she is in pain, that he would prescribe a good pain med. He also said that if she gets worse, like open mouth breathing to then take her back right away.

He went over the X-rays and didn't find anything out of the ordinary, so that is a major relief. The blood work is going to take about 24-48 hours to come back. So I guess it's the waiting game now. Knowing that she has had a bunch of shots and is now on meds, I'm a little more relaxed. I thought that I wouldn't be coming back home with her today. Very stressful and very expensive day. I think I too need a rest for a bit.

I'll be updating on her condition periodically.

Thank you all for your support.

16. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Silverline:

Chirps (03-14-2020), Nancy in New York (03-13-2020), RockyPops (03-13-2020)

Aw, poor baby - and poor you.

Don't give meds in food. You need to make sure she gets ALL of it, so meds should be shot into her mouth with a syringe. If you dip the tip of the syringe in syrup or honey or even a little table sugar, she may be a little more receptive.

18. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to CritterMom:

Chirps (03-14-2020), RockyPops (03-13-2020), Silverline (03-13-2020)

Aw, poor baby - and poor you.

Don't give meds in food. You need to make sure she gets ALL of it, so meds should be shot into her mouth with a syringe. If you dip the tip of the syringe in syrup or honey or even a little table sugar, she may be a little more receptive.
    Thanks for the info. I will definitely try that as she has quite a few meds to take. It's almost dosing time for her, this should be fun. I'm wondering how I'm going to get 2ML of her calcium in her tomorrow. This was so much easier when she was a baby lol.

The meds that the vet gave me are; Famotidine (Gastric protectant), Enrofloxacin (antibiotic), and Calcium Glubionate. They also gave me a special formula called Emraid IC Omnivore. This reminds me of her baby formula. I have to mix 3 parts powder to 2 parts water. She eats a tiny amount before she doesn't want it anymore. I think she doesn't like the taste. I mixed a bit up with a tiny bit of mashed avocado, and she ate it right up.

She is still very weak and tired. She has her eyes half closed when shes eating and curls right up and sleeps right after, though she does seem more alert now and was determined to come out of her transport cage at one point. I've decided to keep her in this tiny cage for the day and I'm going to over night her in it as well, just so that she doesn't injure herself or move around too much. Once I start noticing her get more energy and that she's not wanting to be sleeping all the time, I'll move her into her mid sized cage again. Hoping that this is a good strategy. I'm really hoping that her blood work comes in tomorrow.

20. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Silverline:

Chirps (03-14-2020), Diggie's Friend (03-16-2020), RockyPops (03-13-2020)

Sounds like you have a good plan. If she starts feeling better and getting more active she could injure her fragile bones. No big jumps or high climbing for a while.

22. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to RockyPops:

Chirps (03-14-2020), Diggie's Friend (03-16-2020), Nancy in New York (03-14-2020), Silverline (03-14-2020)

She seems to have a lot more energy now. I've transported her into a one level bunny cage where she has more room. She's taken all her meds and ate a big breakfast. Upon moving her into her bunny cage, I took out her bedding from her tiny transport cage. I didn't notice any poop. This cage was very tiny and she was confined to it all night.
    I'm noticing that she does have a stool lodged in her bum. I'm wondering if this is causing a backup. Would this come out naturally now that she's not so confined anymore, or is there something I should do about it?
    Any thoughts?

24. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Silverline:

Diggie's Friend (03-18-2020), RockyPops (03-14-2020)

See if you can get it out. Normally they get blocked from diarrhea - it pastes over the area and dries like cement. I would apply a little bit of oil to the area (you can use cooking oil - you are just looking for lube) and try to work it out of there. If it is hard and sticking out a bit you may be able to grab with tweezers. If on closer look you see that it IS pasted over with dried diarrhea, you will need to soak it with water to get it out of there - a cotton ball soaked in warm water and just held against the area for a while will soften it so you can get it out.

26. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to CritterMom:

Chirps (03-14-2020), RockyPops (03-14-2020), Silverline (03-14-2020)

See if you can get it out. Normally they get blocked from diarrhea - it pastes over the area and dries like cement. I would apply a little bit of oil to the area (you can use cooking oil - you are just looking for lube) and try to work it out of there. If it is hard and sticking out a bit you may be able to grab with tweezers. If on closer look you see that it IS pasted over with dried diarrhea, you will need to soak it with water to get it out of there - a cotton ball soaked in warm water and just held against the area for a while will soften it so you can get it out.
    Ok, I will try this.
    It doesn't look like diarrhea, but a large normal stool. Though, I haven't had a great look (I'm nervous to handle her). There was also no evidence of diarrhea on any of her bedding, So I'm really hoping that it's not. The vet said that if she gets diarrhea to bring her back into the ER. :/

28. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Silverline from:

RockyPops (03-14-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Silverline View Post
    Ok, I will try this.
    It doesn't look like diarrhea, but a large normal stool. Though, I haven't had a great look (I'm nervous to handle her). There was also no evidence of diarrhea on any of her bedding, So I'm really hoping that it's not. The vet said that if she gets diarrhea to bring her back into the ER. :/
    You would know if she had diarrhea, believe me. They hate what it feels like so they butt scoot all over, leaving brown stripes behind! She wasn't eating too much for a couple days so it may just be one that is sort of dried in place. You might even be able to rub it out of there with a cotton ball.

30. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to CritterMom:

Chirps (03-14-2020), RockyPops (03-14-2020)

You would know if she had diarrhea, believe me. They hate what it feels like so they butt scoot all over, leaving brown stripes behind! She wasn't eating too much for a couple days so it may just be one that is sort of dried in place. You might even be able to rub it out of there with a cotton ball.
    She has been eating lots the last couple of days, her appetite has been really good, that's kind of why I'm kind of concerned that she might be backed up. I can tell that she is still kind of bothered with her lower end.
    I just tried to dab some oil over her bum. I tried to do the tweezer thing. She's not having any of that. She started running and jumping away from me, where I had to chase her down. That spent her energy. I'll try the cotton ball thing when she goes back to sleep and try that. Otherwise, I don't know how i'd do this.
    It's definitely a very hard solid stool. No diarrhea.
    I know Avocado's are oily, she's been eating lots of those. Would increasing some oils more in her diet help? Should I maybe call the ER and see if the meds would cause this?

32. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Silverline from:

RockyPops (03-14-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Silverline View Post
    She has been eating lots the last couple of days, her appetite has been really good, that's kind of why I'm kind of concerned that she might be backed up. I can tell that she is still kind of bothered with her lower end.
    I just tried to dab some oil over her bum. I tried to do the tweezer thing. She's not having any of that. She started running and jumping away from me, where I had to chase her down. That spent her energy. I'll try the cotton ball thing when she goes back to sleep and try that. Otherwise, I don't know how i'd do this.
    It's definitely a very hard solid stool. No diarrhea.
    I know Avocado's are oily, she's been eating lots of those. Would increasing some oils more in her diet help? Should I maybe call the ER and see if the meds would cause this?
    You can ask them. The meds aren't nearly as likely to do this as the food they have you giving her. Honestly, increasing her water intake will help with poops more than oil.

They don't like having their little poopers messed with. Wiping my boy down after he had the runs got me the worst bite he ever dealt out.

34. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to CritterMom:

Chirps (03-14-2020), Diggie's Friend (03-16-2020), RockyPops (03-14-2020), Silverline (03-14-2020)

You can ask them. The meds aren't nearly as likely to do this as the food they have you giving her. Honestly, increasing her water intake will help with poops more than oil.

They don't like having their little poopers messed with. Wiping my boy down after he had the runs got me the worst bite he ever dealt out.
    I've just phoned the vet, they said that I can bring her in and they would remove it if I wanted. They said that I can also just wait a bit and see, though if she loses her appetite or stops drinking then to definitely bring her back in.
    I think that i'll wait for a bit. I'd rather not have her go through that trip again, especially that we are currently in a snow storm. She drank a ton of water early this morning. I'm thinking that I will take her off the pedialite as well. She's been on it for just under two days now.

36. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Silverline:

Chirps (03-14-2020), RockyPops (03-14-2020)

Well she's pooping again
    It looks like she is getting a large amount of energy back and she has an enormous appetite. Right now she's getting her formula of 9ML a day mixed in with a small piece of mashed avocado, along with a small piece of strawberry, a small slice of apple, and some of the whole fat yogurt. I'm wondering if it would be ok to start feeding her some of her regular veggies (Broccoli, cauliflower, tomato, mushoorm, carrot) again while on the formula. If so, should I do small amounts, or let her eat as much as she wants (within reason)? The ER didn't really mention anything about feeding her, just so long as she gets the formula in her.

Thanks for all the help. I'm much more hopeful than I was yesterday. What a ride.

Name:  20200314_172855(1).jpg
Views: 36
Size:  79.8 KBName:  20200314_172858(1).jpg
Views: 35
Size:  81.5 KB

38. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Silverline:

Chirps (03-15-2020), RockyPops (03-14-2020)

Oh, that is so good to hear. I wonder if she just got herself dehydrated for some reason? If she was feeling crappy from low calcium, it can be too much work to go to the bottle or dish. and dehydration can take them down fast. Hmm.

You HAVE to get her on some sort of blocks. I know that the shipping costs from the US are terrible. It is a shame - Henry's has introduced a new hazelnut block that they all love. My FLYER likes them and they don't like ANYTHING healthy, the rotten little jerks! These are pretty good blocks - I found these at a Canadian site: https://www.chinchilla.ca/detail.php?ProductID=HT201410

For her to like them, they will probably need to be gussied up a bit with some yummy stuff. Many people use them as the basis of do it yourself blocks. I would also order some of this: https://ca.iherb.com/pr/Now-Foods-Ca...2-oz-340-g/480 also from a Canadian company. I would be happy to help you craft a recipe that she just may be willing to eat if you wish.

Don't let her run around too much. They hide their illness until it is so acute they simply can't anymore. She isn't 100% yet but it sure sounds like she is headed that way!

40. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to CritterMom:

Chirps (03-15-2020), Diggie's Friend (03-18-2020), RockyPops (03-14-2020)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast