Thread: Calcium serving ideas and dosage

Default Calcium serving ideas and dosage

Hello Everyone

My 6 year old boy is getting stuck a lot in fabric and clothing, even climbing down is a bit annoying for him now, He stopped eating Henry blocks about 6 months ago, so I had to spice things up crushing the blocks and adding coconut and almond butter (half a serving each per 15 blocks) and adding 5-6 crushed hazelnuts into the mix (the only way I get him to eat these)-- he is not big on veggies anymore sadly, he drinks plenty of water and all looks normal- So now I want to put him back on the picky blocks, I also bought calcium powder from Henry's that I want to add to his daily diet in hopes it helps with this and make up for any Calcium deficiency he may have.

My question is this, how would I coat a halve pecan with this powder so I know he eats it? and is there a dosage recommendation? Ideas and thoughts are welcome of course Thank you

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to RamiS from:

RockyPops (02-27-2020)

Default Re: Calcium serving ideas and dosage

There’s several ways to add calcium to the pecan. You can try mixing a little calcium powder with some almond butter and then fill in the grooves of the pecan with the mixture. Or peanut butter. Or avocado. Does the bag give you an idea of mg of calcium per measurement? You obviously don’t need to give it multiple times a day unless you are treating for MBD. If that’s the case then you would want to follow the MBD protocol.

Have you tried making your own blocks with Henrys vitamins and whey protein powder? There is a recipe in the nutrition section. Have you tried making boo balls with ground Harlan Teklad 2018 block, baby food veggies and coconut oil? There’s recipes for those in the nutrition section as well. I personally would choose this option so you can get some veggies eaten. The Harlan block is a complete nutrition block and once ground and “doctored” with other ingredients is very well liked. My yard squirrels devour them.

4. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mel1959:

Chirps (02-24-2020), RamiS (02-24-2020), RockyPops (02-24-2020)

Hi There,

I have no idea, I will check it once I have the package in a few days

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to RamiS from:

RockyPops (02-24-2020)

I should post this somewhere else, but I found a lady that makes indoor squirrel trees from real Oak and Cedar that she gets when others cut down their trees, amazing idea for anyone with an NR, she is a bit Pricy at 125$ a tree

8. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to RamiS:

Chirps (02-24-2020), Mel1959 (02-24-2020), Nancy in New York (02-24-2020), RockyPops (02-24-2020)

Name:  75553087_3018147208213829_8052277683804962816_o.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  72.1 KB

10. Serious fuzzy thank you's to RamiS from:

RockyPops (02-24-2020)

Update:

I just got the picky blocks today and he took one right away which is good- Now, he has been getting more and more stuck in any type of Fabric which is concerning at this point, RIGHT? I also got the Calcium today from Henry's and I just dipped a dry walnut halve in the powder and gave it to him which he ate it all, was that the right move- There is something else I want to mention, I live in OK, and its been kind of cold the last 2-3 months 40's to low 50's and he has been sleeping A LOOOOT, he comes out maybe 2-3 times for maybe 20-30 minutes to eat, jump or wrestle (play) or do his business then he is off to bed again--- thought I would mention this, I panic over something like this b/c our to be SAFE vet has gotten a job offer in NY and left a few weeks ago so we have no vet care at all now

Please let me know your thoughts and advise is welcomed--- Thanks everyone

12. Serious fuzzy thank you's to RamiS from:

RockyPops (02-27-2020)