Thread: wild squirrel with thinning tail hair

Default wild squirrel with thinning tail hair

A female squirrel named Sister that visits my house daily has had thinning tail hair for approximately 4 months now. I'm wondering if there is anything I can give her on a treat. I believe she is either pregnant or has babies at this time.
    Name:  IMG_E0275.jpg
Views: 1079
Size:  104.8 KBName:  IMG_E0277.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  123.3 KB

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to MapleRidgesquirrel from:

RockyPops (02-19-2020)

Default Re: wild squirrel with thinning tail hair

Why not feed her some Henrys blocks? If she’s pregnant or nursing she can certainly use the added nutrients that Henrys blocks contain. Thinning tail hair is a sign of nutrient deficiencies. Do you provide any additional food like boo balls, avocado, raw coconut, sugar snap peas, blueberries, etc?

4. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mel1959:

frankc (02-19-2020), MapleRidgesquirrel (02-19-2020), RockyPops (02-19-2020)

I have three siblings about 6 months old. One I call CT (Cigar Tail) because her tail is about the thickness of a cigar and thin and wispy hair. One is PT (Puny Tail) cause it ain't much to be proud of and the third is ANT (Almost Normal Tail).

They've been short in that department since they first came out of the nest box at about 9 - 10 weeks old. But they're all healthy and rambunctious. I can keep up with CT and PT because of their youthful size and their tails amongst the rest of the gang.

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to RockyPops from:

MapleRidgesquirrel (02-19-2020)

Hi , I do give her avocado , raw coconut oil on her nuts and kale sometimes. I tried the Henrys blocks awhile back and she wouldn't eat them. Is there a particular one that picky wild squirrels will eat ?

8. Serious fuzzy thank you's to MapleRidgesquirrel from:

RockyPops (02-19-2020)

Henry's has a "Picky Block" that are designed for picky eaters and a block with hazelnuts I think that some prefer. Have you tried the wild Bites made with peanuts? They're the cheapest I think and squirrels love peanuts.

I believe I tried the wild bites with peanuts a while back and they picked them up and put them back down. I have several spoiled picky wild squirrels that come by daily. I will order the hazelnut picky bites now and see how she likes those. Thanks

11. Serious fuzzy thank you's to MapleRidgesquirrel from:

RockyPops (02-20-2020)

My crew likes the Wild Bites, but only if offered BEFORE any nuts. If they get a pecan or an almond first and then I offer the Henry's block they will ignore them hoping for more nuts.

13. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mialouise:

MapleRidgesquirrel (05-21-2020), Mel1959 (02-20-2020), RockyPops (02-20-2020)