Thread: Esbilac safe?

Default Esbilac safe?

Hi i’ve used esbilac once in the past and had no problems with it. I have found another baby squirrel but i’m not sure if this is safe. The packaging is different from the previous one i used. Please advise me Name:  C034EAA7-242B-4E6C-AF8C-19C02C4F0097.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  104.2 KBName:  4A166173-0A99-4426-AC38-4F01B9E5DB6D.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  136.9 KB

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Babychai from:

RockyPops (02-05-2020)

Default Re: Esbilac safe?

Someone will chime in with more info but I think the new Esbilac is dangerous and even deadly for babies.

I think Goats milk formula (ingredients on this site) is recommended for the first few days and then going to Fox Valley 20/50. There is a gap in there that needs to be filled between the two formulas but I don't know what to use there.

Keep checking back here.

Thank you for helping these babies.

I know you’re in Asia. There were very bad issues with Esbilac formula in the fall so we can’t recommend it. Can you get Royal Canin Babydog formula?

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to HRT4SQRLS from:

RockyPops (02-05-2020)

Hi i will try to find the royal canin for baby dogs. But is there a specific guide to follow for this formula? And has it proved to be safe? What goat’s milk is recommended? Is the one from my local grocery store ok or is there anything i need to look out for. Also i read that the goats milk formula is only suitable up to four weeks old. My squirrel is four weeks probably approaching five so i’m not sure if it’s still suitable.

7. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Babychai from:

RockyPops (02-05-2020)

If you can find the Babydog formula your baby can stay on that till it weans. The goats milk is only a temporary formula you will need to find something else. Can you order Fox Valley 20/50 from an online source? It is for squirrels 4 weeks +. The recipe for goats milk also has the addition of yogurt, heavy whipping cream and an egg yolk (or dried egg) to make it more nutritional and to increase the fat.

9. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mel1959:

Chirps (02-05-2020), RockyPops (02-05-2020)

We don’t have a lot of experience with Royal Canin because it is not available in the US. It is a U.K. product that has broader availability in Europe and Asia. I have studied it and will be using it in the spring. I purchased it from Amazon which has worldwide distribution. We have always recommended it to those in the East that can’t get US products. I’m surprised you found Esbilac in Asia. Fox Valley 20:50 is an excellent product and is certainly recommended IF you can get it. It has to be purchased online and I’m not sure if they ship worldwide.

The goat milk recipe posted on Henry’s Healthy Pets website would only be used as a VERY temporary formula until proper formula can be obtained. It is OK for a couple days but is nutritional deficient and not recommended long term.

This year will be problematic for choosing formula. Of course it is up to you, but I can no longer recommend Esbilac due to the problems that led to hundreds of deaths in the fall.
    If you can get Fox Valley 20:50, it is tried and tested. Definitely get it. If you can’t get it I feel the Royal Canin is a good product. After studying the company I believe it is company committed to quality. The nutritional data for Royal Canin shows it to be similar to the formulas we use for baby squirrels.

11. 5 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to HRT4SQRLS:

Chirps (02-05-2020), frankc (02-05-2020), Mel1959 (02-08-2020), Nancy in New York (02-05-2020), RockyPops (02-05-2020)