Thread: Picky PETUNIA

Default Picky PETUNIA

Hi Friends! I hope that 2020 brings us all peace, love, happiness and health! Well Petunia and I are sticking it out. My infant 17 month old. Oh the challenge and LOVE of a para. I truly have a newborn baby 24/7 as she is unable to potty without Mama. We actually took a cross country journey to bring my son to college in Co. I was told these babies travel well and that was very true, well in the car. While in motion......but at the hotels. YIKES! That my friends was very challenging. With letting her out for exercise and all. Plus I am a germaphobe, and the places she managed to get. Like under the bed. EEEEK! Many many baby wipe baths for Petunia. Not to mention sneaking her in at some hotels. That was fun, not. And those that were pet friendly I was apprehensive to let them know that she was a squirrel, so she pretended to be a bird for the trip. This long story does actually have a question or 2. I know I am rambling, it’s just been so long since I have spoken to a squirrel person. It’s a lonely world. So regarding the journey....any advice for safe exercise. Like a squirrel playpen?? Idk. It was hard to let her run free at some hotels. And since I am on the nutrition forum.... she eats terribly. We are beyond tough love and alll that. She has special needs, so cant just let her starve it out. I have tried. But caved. So basically not only does she need me to potty. I syringe feed her once sometimes twice a day. Depending on her intake of real food. She isn’t eating nuts to fill up. Basically she just plays squirrel with them and hides them. I mean it is winter and she’s gotta stockpile. But honestly she doesn’t indulge much. Mostly just cracks them open and might take a nibble. Any advice on anything in this random posting. I hope that you and babies are happy and well. Thanks in advance for any advice. Much love!💜🐿☮️

2. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Jeltje:

frankc (02-04-2020), HRT4SQRLS (01-29-2020), RockyPops (01-29-2020)

Default Re: Picky PETUNIA

Would love to see some pictures of your Petunia!

4. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to RockyPops:

frankc (02-04-2020), Jeltje (02-04-2020)

Hi Squirrel Friend. Long time no see. Welcome back.

I have an idea for traveling. You could buy an inexpensive pop up tent. You could throw some toys inside to keep her busy. This would be a good time for an in shell nut. Of course, she could easily chew out so it’s not for long term containment. People that are bonding with a flyer will sit in a pop up tent with them and let them interact on their terms.
    This is an example. https://www.amazon.com/Pop-up-Automa...0347192&sr=8-4
    The reason I picked this one is because it has zippers. Some just have flaps.

There are cheaper ones made for kids. Everything folds up and goes into a carrying bag. It would keep her from going under the bed or other crazy places.

Will Petunia take formula from a syringe? What about a gruel in a syringe? If she would take something like that you could mix formula, ground up block and baby veggies.
    I’m sure you’ve tried all the usual go to squirrel foods like sugar snap pea, avocado, etc.
    Have you tried the Henrys Picky eater block?

6. 5 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to HRT4SQRLS:

frankc (02-04-2020), Jeltje (02-04-2020), Mel1959 (01-30-2020), Nancy in New York (01-30-2020), RockyPops (01-29-2020)

The few times I travelled with squirrels I let them out only in the bathroom with the door closed. They enjoyed jumping to the towel rack, on top of the shower rod and to the vanity, etc. I was always fearful they would get behind a cabinet or something in the main room and it would be difficult to get them out.

Some motels beds sit on platforms which I assume is to prevent people from losing items under the bed.

8. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mel1959:

frankc (02-04-2020), Jeltje (02-04-2020), RockyPops (01-30-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RockyPops View Post
    Would love to see some pictures of your Petunia!
    I am trying to transfer pics of my baby. I am smart device impaired. Will keep trying!💜☮️🐿

10. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Jeltje:

frankc (02-04-2020), RockyPops (02-04-2020)