Thread: Personality changes?

Default Personality changes?

So I’m trying to find information of how squirrels personalities change through aging. Specifically now that my squirrels are 5+ months old the female who used to be super psycho playful has now calmed down and prefers the snuggles. She is still active and eats great but weirdly likes to be cuddled much more. The male who used to be the cuddled is now a playful biting spaz. Is this normal personality change in young adult squirrels or should I start looking for something wrong that I’m not possibly seeing? Female is also very svelte and the male is a chunk.

Default Re: Personality changes?

Oh I think their personalities definitely change with age! Not sure about the calmness...but I’ve raised nearly a dozen Greys and a few Fox squirrels and as they get older, it’s usually a good time to let them be squirrels and turn them lose. Last Grey I had any dealings with was my ex GF’s...I rescued it as a baby and gave it to her due to me getting hurt bad and working out of State. Monkey Butt is a female and she really developed personality changes with age. Everything from sex specific (she didn’t like guys) to even just bonding with my ex’s daughter when originally she was real close with my ex. It got to where she could get Monkey Butt out and let her run and play but would get a nip from time to time...all the while her daughter could roll Monkey up like a ball and then put her in a ferret leash and walk her around outside! It was funny to watch how she changed!

3. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Timberbeast:

frankc (12-30-2019), RockyPops (12-30-2019)

Default Re: Personality changes?

Quote Originally Posted by Timberbeast View Post
    Oh I think their personalities definitely change with age! Not sure about the calmness...but I’ve raised nearly a dozen Greys and a few Fox squirrels and as they get older, it’s usually a good time to let them be squirrels and turn them lose. Last Grey I had any dealings with was my ex GF’s...I rescued it as a baby and gave it to her due to me getting hurt bad and working out of State. Monkey Butt is a female and she really developed personality changes with age. Everything from sex specific (she didn’t like guys) to even just bonding with my ex’s daughter when originally she was real close with my ex. It got to where she could get Monkey Butt out and let her run and play but would get a nip from time to time...all the while her daughter could roll Monkey up like a ball and then put her in a ferret leash and walk her around outside! It was funny to watch how she changed!
    That helps! Thank you. I knew they tend to form attachments and since I’m the only one who interacts it makes sense she formed it to me. Just didn’t expect such a change in behavior

5. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Tmstrat:

frankc (01-02-2020), RockyPops (12-30-2019)