Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I need help with baby mouse!

Default Re: I need help with baby mouse!

Quote Originally Posted by CritterMom View Post
    I am so sorry. You attempted what is one of the most difficult rehabs out there - a baby mouse. It seems absurd that something that is so common and frequent that people kill them wholesale without a second thought is so delicate but it is true. I have succeeded ONE TIME and have tried many (my little Nate lived to be 5).

Every little mousie at the pet shop that gets purchased is one that doesn't get eaten by someone's snake. They are also diurnal - daytime creatures, instead of nocturnal like the little wild ones.

I am so sorry. Rest in peace, Daniel.

Thank you for all of you condolences. I didn't know how attached I would get to this little boy. I'm still tearing up thinking about him. I couldn't wait to get him on solid food so that he would have a better chance T survival and I could get some sleep. I haven't been able to sleep at all since his passing.

Thank you crittermom, it does help to know that even the experts struggle with these little babies. I know that I did the best that I could and he an attentive human family that loved him for two weeks.

2. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Nmorgen:

frankc (01-13-2020), Mel1959 (01-12-2020), RockyPops (01-12-2020)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234