Thread: Weaning and starting veggies

Default Weaning and starting veggies

Hi guys!

Rocky is doing awesome and is approximately 10 weeks at this point! He is still very eager for his milk every feeding and LOVES his HHB morning and night. Since he is approaching weaning age I went ahead and put out some veggies for the first time tonight. He doesn’t quite know what to think but I think he will come around. I put out 3 small pieces of romaine lettuce, a few shreds each of red cabbage and carrots, a small broken up floret of broccoli, and sliced up a cherry tomato. He loved the cabbage, carrots, and tomato and is coming around to the idea of broccoli and lettuce. I took away most of the tomato so that he would try some of the other things instead of just eating that.

How much veggies would y’all recommend feeding him each day while starting the weaning process? What time of day is best for the veggies and should I keep the milk feedings separate from the veggie feeding? Do I feed the HHB at the same time as veggies or keep that separate as well?

Sorry for all the questions! I appreciate any info that y’all can share!

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Caytosam000 from:

RockyPops (12-16-2019)

Default Re: Weaning and starting veggies

I'm not positive but I would still give him formula as long as he will take it. Offer the blocks and veggies as well but the formula is good for him as long as he will take it.

Thanks for loving your baby!

Got any pictures of Rocky?

4. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to RockyPops:

Caytosam000 (12-17-2019), lukaslolamaus (12-16-2019)

Default Re: Weaning and starting veggies

All my babies get 1 block in the morning, one in the evening and they have access to veggies from midday till late afternoon when I clean cages.
    I definitely would continue his formula as long as he wants it, he'll let you know when he is no longer interested.
    As you introduce new veggies one at a time is a good idea.

6. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to lukaslolamaus:

Caytosam000 (12-17-2019), RockyPops (12-17-2019)