Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sibling rehab/release question....torn

Default Re: sibling rehab/release question....torn

Thank you seahorse for what you're doing to help these babies! Postponing a trip...

And I was put in a similar situation with my little boy Rocky. I was put in charge of him for three or four days and the rest is history.

I fell for him head over heels and haven't been the same since!

May want to warn your husband! And tell him thanks as well for stepping up to help out..

2. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to RockyPops:

frankc (12-17-2019), redwuff (12-12-2019), seahorse (12-12-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by seahorse View Post
    I have 2 tree branches in there now which I will transfer to the larger cage and add more as well. They also have toys, stuffed hedgehog (which they love), and two long stretchy toys, also an aluminum foil roll with paper towels in there. Do you have any other suggestions? The cage is the one sold on Henry's Healthy Pets website. I also give them applewood sticks for chewing and they have a few river rocks and a deer antler. Thank you Mel for helping me out.
    Try taking some empty toilet paper rolls and putting a piece of Henrys block or a half piece of almond inside and then tape the ends shut. That may occupy them a little bit. Maybe a hanging wooden bird toy. I avoid the ones made in China. My last crew loved to play with one of these, even though it had a bell on it. I heard the bell ringing all the time. Put a ping pong ball in there and see if that may occupy them.

One more day and your cage will be here. Hang in there!

4. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mel1959:

RockyPops (12-12-2019), seahorse (12-12-2019)

Smile Re: sibling rehab/release question....torn

Quote Originally Posted by RockyPops View Post
    Thank you seahorse for what you're doing to help these babies! Postponing a trip...

And I was put in a similar situation with my little boy Rocky. I was put in charge of him for three or four days and the rest is history.

I fell for him head over heels and haven't been the same since!

May want to warn your husband! And tell him thanks as well for stepping up to help out..
    What a sweet story! I'm happy for you and Rocky!

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to seahorse from:

RockyPops (12-12-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1959 View Post
    Try taking some empty toilet paper rolls and putting a piece of Henrys block or a half piece of almond inside and then tape the ends shut. That may occupy them a little bit. Maybe a hanging wooden bird toy. I avoid the ones made in China. My last crew loved to play with one of these, even though it had a bell on it. I heard the bell ringing all the time. Put a ping pong ball in there and see if that may occupy them.

One more day and your cage will be here. Hang in there!
    Awww, thank you Mel for your continued support and your wonderful suggestions! I'm going to the pet store today and will stock up! The only problem is they don't like Henry's blocks (none of them!) and they are done with Boo Balls as well. I've been shaking things they like in a tupperware with calcium (from Henry's) in it. My rehabber said I started giving them treats too early. She told me yesterday to not give them ANYTHING to eat except these homemade blocks she made. I asked her "what if they don't eat anything" she told me they would if they got hungry enough. I'm worried about them not getting enough calcium for the days they don't eat...it's also hard to watch them every time I pass by and they think they're getting yummies, especially since they're in the smaller cage. Rozey is driving Lemmy crazy with her back and forth, he wants to play with her so bad, he keeps trying and she's not having any of it! Like you said...one more day. Thanks for the hug!

8. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to seahorse:

frankc (12-17-2019), RockyPops (12-12-2019)

Yes, tough love is a hard thing to do, but necessary so they will eat the nutritious foods. They absolutely will not starve themselves. Have you tried the hazelnut and picky blocks from Henrys? There’s also some recipes for baked blocks using Henrys vitamin supplement and whey protein in the nutrition section.

Here’s a picture of a recipe I’ve used to make baked blocks. It was well received.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

10. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mel1959:

frankc (12-17-2019), RockyPops (12-12-2019), seahorse (12-12-2019)

Hey Mel, just wondered if the Esbilac powder needs to be changed in your recipe?

12. Serious fuzzy thank you's to RockyPops from:

frankc (12-17-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RockyPops View Post
    Hey Mel, just wondered if the Esbilac powder needs to be changed in your recipe?
    Good catch RockyPop. FoxValley 20:50 should be used in place of the Esbilac.

With the recent issues with Esbilac I think most of us are OVER Esbilac and will be using alternates in the future.

14. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to HRT4SQRLS:

frankc (12-17-2019), Mel1959 (12-12-2019), RockyPops (12-12-2019), seahorse (12-12-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1959 View Post
    Yes, tough love is a hard thing to do, but necessary so they will eat the nutritious foods. They absolutely will not starve themselves. Have you tried the hazelnut and picky blocks from Henrys? There’s also some recipes for baked blocks using Henrys vitamin supplement and whey protein in the nutrition section.

Here’s a picture of a recipe I’ve used to make baked blocks. It was well received.
    Thank you for that recipe Mel (I caught the esbilac issue as well). I have tried the hi protein, wild bites and picky blocks. I have not tried the hazelnut ones....I guess it won't hurt

16. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to seahorse:

frankc (12-17-2019), RockyPops (12-12-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by seahorse View Post
    Thank you for that recipe Mel (I caught the esbilac issue as well). I have tried the hi protein, wild bites and picky blocks. I have not tried the hazelnut ones....I guess it won't hurt
    Yes, this recipe came from a friend. I don’t use Esbilac so I always substitute FV in any recipe. Absolutely don’t use Esbilac in light of the current situation.

18. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mel1959:

frankc (12-20-2019), RockyPops (12-12-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12