Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem or no problem?

Default Re: Problem or no problem?

I just had to post this picture I took the other day of one of my outside spoiled buddies- I used to feed the block, I kid you not now I have expanded about 10 blocks LOL

And the second photo is the new addition to the family (well not really, I am taking care of them for my friend thats out on business)
    Attached Images Attached Images   

2. 5 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to RamiS:

frankc (12-09-2019), lukaslolamaus (12-09-2019), Nancy in New York (12-09-2019), RockyPops (12-09-2019), TubeDriver (12-09-2019)

So funny when they hang upside down like bats and eat a treat!

Do the birds talk at all or is that just parrots?
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to TubeDriver from:

RockyPops (12-09-2019)

Haha- Yes that looks like a SMILE to me

These birds (Budgies) are the smaller version of the parrots, they can learn to talk, but these two birds sadly like many wild captured animals were used to being locked in a cage all day everyday with the same food and water for days, now that my friend has them, she went full out, toys out of cage time half the day, new cage and organic foods only So its taking a very long time for the birds to trust anyone now

6. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to RamiS:

RockyPops (12-09-2019), TubeDriver (12-09-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by TubeDriver View Post
    So funny when they hang upside down like bats and eat a treat!

Do the birds talk at all or is that just parrots?
    Budgies ARE parrots!

People tend to ignore them because they are smaller and cheaper than the bigger parrots but they are actually one of the "talkers" of the parrot world if you just spend the time with them teaching them. The Guinness World Record champ was/is a little budgie that spoke over 500 different words and phrases! With a British accent!

8. Serious fuzzy thank you's to CritterMom from:

RockyPops (12-09-2019)

Cool! I did not realize parakeets (?) are just little parrots.

Quote Originally Posted by CritterMom View Post
    Budgies ARE parrots!

People tend to ignore them because they are smaller and cheaper than the bigger parrots but they are actually one of the "talkers" of the parrot world if you just spend the time with them teaching them. The Guinness World Record champ was/is a little budgie that spoke over 500 different words and phrases! With a British accent!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

10. Serious fuzzy thank you's to TubeDriver from:

RockyPops (12-09-2019)

I am glad to hear that their lives are better now. I bet they will enjoy all the extra stimulation, good food and cage etc!

Quote Originally Posted by RamiS View Post
    Haha- Yes that looks like a SMILE to me

These birds (Budgies) are the smaller version of the parrots, they can learn to talk, but these two birds sadly like many wild captured animals were used to being locked in a cage all day everyday with the same food and water for days, now that my friend has them, she went full out, toys out of cage time half the day, new cage and organic foods only So its taking a very long time for the birds to trust anyone now

-Grateful Dead

12. Serious fuzzy thank you's to TubeDriver from:

RockyPops (12-09-2019)

We had a parakeet when I was a child, his name was Schnackie, and he talked all day long!
    My dad was the first one who heard him speak and we didn't believe him at first.
    My dad was his best friend and he really liked my uncle too.
    He was super funny and in love with himself lol, he used to kiss his reflections and told himself how handsome and sweet he was.
    He was mostly white with a few blue specks. He was a treasure.

14. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to lukaslolamaus:

Nancy in New York (12-09-2019), RamiS (12-09-2019), RockyPops (12-09-2019), TubeDriver (12-09-2019)

They are the little known gems of the parrot world. To get one really bonded to you, in addition to putting in the time, you really need a single bird, preferably hand raised which isn't all that common with the budgies ($$$). They will always prefer another budgie over a human, so these two, even if they don't get really social, will be very happy together. If you want a talker, you need a male. They speak in tiny, breathy little voices, but they speak quite clearly. They also quickly learn tricks, do things like somersaults and play silly practical jokes...they are considered "starter" birds and they are so much more with the right human.

16. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to CritterMom:

lukaslolamaus (12-09-2019), RockyPops (12-09-2019), TubeDriver (12-09-2019)

I spent a good amount of time last month just trying to get them to like me haha- they are just on lock down- they fly well, they annoy the hell out of each other but if you try to separate them you will not hear the end of it Budgies are different in behavior, some are very quite, and these two are very loud, I mean very loud lol

But yes they are happy and healthy- I am looking for a good vet so I can get them checked out I dont think anyone ever took them to a vet

18. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to RamiS:

lukaslolamaus (12-09-2019), Nancy in New York (12-10-2019), RockyPops (12-09-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12