Thread: Need overwinter rehabber in Memphis TN

LFCanderson Guest

Default Need overwinter rehabber in Memphis TN

Probably a long shot but I have a ~9-10 week old singleton I was planning on releasing in a month but having discovered this forum only last week my understanding now is that she needs to be overwintered.

I am moving out of state come January and have been unable to find any rehabilitators in the area - When I initially found her when she was 4 weeks old and was unable to reunite her with her mother I tried calling all the small animal/mammal rehabbers in the area...only to find out they did not take squirrels (Raptors or bust - so why the heck are you listed as a small mammal rehabber then?!)

Would definitely be willing to make a take a road trip (pending distance) because I want to give Freddie the best possibility/situation to survive and thrive post release. Thank you in advance for any help and/or recommendations anyone can offer!

Default Re: Need overwinter rehabber in Memphis TN

Ok, this is a long shot, but a while back someone posted from your area that they would be willing to help with squirrels. I will send you the info in a private message. Private messages are accessed from the top of your screen under notifications, if the message doesn’t automatically pop up on its own.

If this doesn’t work, may I ask where you’re moving to? Maybe we have someone close by that could help once you get there. I know it’s not ideal, but from my experience squirrels are EXCELLENT travelers.

Edit: contact info sent via pm.

3. 8 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mel1959:

HRT4SQRLS (11-06-2019), Nancy in New York (10-31-2019), redwuff (11-01-2019), RockyPops (10-31-2019), Scooterzmom (10-31-2019), stepnstone (11-01-2019), TubeDriver (11-01-2019)

LFCanderson Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1959 View Post
    Ok, this is a long shot, but a while back someone posted from your area that they would be willing to help with squirrels. I will send you the info in a private message. Private messages are accessed from the top of your screen under notifications, if the message doesn’t automatically pop up on its own.

If this doesn’t work, may I ask where you’re moving to? Maybe we have someone close by that could help once you get there. I know it’s not ideal, but from my experience squirrels are EXCELLENT travelers.

Edit: contact info sent via pm.
    Thank you so much, I spoke with her today and I'll be taking Freddie over to her shortly! I'll undoubtedly be bawling when I leave her but I'm just so thankful she'll be in good hands

5. 8 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to LFCanderson:

HRT4SQRLS (11-06-2019), Mel1959 (11-04-2019), Nancy in New York (11-01-2019), redwuff (11-01-2019), RockyPops (11-01-2019), stepnstone (11-01-2019), TubeDriver (11-01-2019), Vox (11-06-2019)

Thanks for going the extra mile to help this baby!

And for having the courage to do whats best for her!

7. 5 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to RockyPops:

Chirps (11-02-2019), Mel1959 (11-04-2019), Nancy in New York (11-01-2019), redwuff (11-01-2019)

LFCanderson Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RockyPops View Post
    Thanks for going the extra mile to help this baby!

And for having the courage to do whats best for her!
    Thank you so much, that really means a lot! I miss her so much but I spoke with my contact over the weekend and Freddie is doing great and has even made friends with her new roommates!

So thankful for this site - Now I know where to go if I ever get the opportunity to help another baby!

9. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to LFCanderson:

HRT4SQRLS (11-06-2019), Mel1959 (11-07-2019), RockyPops (11-06-2019), Vox (11-06-2019)

Freddie

Quote Originally Posted by LFCanderson View Post
    Thank you so much, that really means a lot! I miss her so much but I spoke with my contact over the weekend and Freddie is doing great and has even made friends with her new roommates!

So thankful for this site - Now I know where to go if I ever get the opportunity to help another baby!
    This makes my heart happy! ❤️ I’m glad it worked out for everyone.

Members who have read this thread: 1