Thread: Tex injured again

Default Tex injured again

Hi, Tex, my 2017 ,release showed up after being missing for over a month, with a large circular wound, about the size of a quarter, on the left side of his neck. The wound was red and not currently bleeding. But looked pretty fresh. Tex saw me and came running over and up my leg and onto my shoulder and arm. He was moving ok.
    Should I try to get some Clavmox in him via a laced HHB wildbite, like I did in the summer when he had that massive arm wound????
    I'm concerned that if it is a cat bite he definitely needs antibiotics.
    Thank you.

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Binkers mom from:

RockyPops (10-24-2019)

Default Re: Tex injured again

If you can dose him daily, I just don't see a down side to giving him some antibiotics for this, especially not knowing what caused it. As long as he comes to mama, you need to be fixing his boo boos!

4. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to CritterMom:

Binkers mom (10-24-2019), lukaslolamaus (10-24-2019), RockyPops (10-24-2019)

That was my thinking too. He always come home when he needs help and he's had some bad injuries this year.
    It still warms my heart that this guy, who is almost 2 1/2 years old, is comfortable climbing up and hanging out on my shoulder. Hopefully, he will eat the wild bite with antibiotics. Its already for him with some ground up hazelnut coating for extra enticement.

6. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Binkers mom:

lukaslolamaus (10-24-2019), RockyPops (10-24-2019)

That is just awesome that he will seek you out still when he needs help!

8. Serious fuzzy thank you's to RockyPops from:

Binkers mom (10-26-2019)

Tex was a no show until this morning. Limping on the front left and stiff and swollen in the neck wound area. The wound has closed to the size of a dime.
    He did come up to me and climbed up to my shoulder, he eventually conceded to eat the antibiotic laced wildbite when he realized I wasn't giving him anything else.
    He was chewing away next to my ear lol. So he got a dose down, will try again tomorrow.
    At least he is moving around and has an appetite.
    This guy....I just love him!

10. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Binkers mom:

Diggie's Friend (10-26-2019), lukaslolamaus (10-26-2019), RockyPops (10-26-2019), TubeDriver (10-26-2019)

Make sure he has lots of clean water. That was probably a squirrel bite. They typically like like what you described.
    We live in a heaven created by our virtues --- Muktananda

12. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to JLM27:

Binkers mom (10-27-2019), RockyPops (10-26-2019)

Yes, there are several fresh water stations and we put fresh fruit, veggies and nuts out daily and they get into the sunflower seed bird food.
    I think Tex is "out of the woods" once more. He was sitting up on the porch waiting for someone to come outside this a.m., such a cutie! He climbed up on me and I got a good look at the wound, it is closing up, flesh is pinkish, no pus, swelling down, and he has better movement of neck/shoulder. He got another dose of antibiotics laced wildbite with crushed hazelnuts.
    Thanks to everyone for caring!

14. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Binkers mom from:

RockyPops (10-30-2019)