Thread: Possible AP

Vern1978 Guest

Exclamation Possible AP

I wonder if you guys can help me too I have about 2 week old gray squirrel infants and just started clicking with what I think is an aspiration issue. We are new at this and trying to educate ourselves as much as we can I may have been too late in ordering a proper syringe with nipple. Local vets won’t help left message with local wildlife rescue. His only chance right now is a bottle of amoxicillin 875 mg or a bottle of a marks class of 500 mg tablets can anyone help with dosage please!!!

Default Re: Need help on dosage for Grey squirrel baby with AP

Hi Vern we need the wt of your baby to dose. Augmentin/Clavamox or Cipro/ Baytril would be better, but we can dose the amoxicillin. It would be better if you start your own thread.
    redwuff
    State Licensed
    Master Wildlife Rehabilitator

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to redwuff from:

RockyPops (10-16-2019)

Vern1978 Guest

Default Re: Possible AP

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  120.7 KB

He just looks awful to me. I don’t know if a way to weigh him. Closest thing to compare is the weight of a key FOB. Trying to attach picture now

Vern1978 Guest

Thanks for any help. I’m just hoping it’s not too late we just found him on Saturday morning tried to leave him for the mother but too much time went by before it got too cold in our opinion for him. So we have a blanket and in container and half heating pad working with Pedialyte and the puppies milk just saw your update on that so we ordered the 50-50. My heart is just sinking right now he seems almost labored breathing clicking. I think our problem was that we were using a crappy syringe and he took in some fluid in lungs was doing fine until yesterday afternoon. No local vets even want to be bothered with him

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Vern1978 from:

redwuff (10-16-2019)

To weigh him, you need a kitchen scale (the ones that read in grams). You first weigh a plate, then put him on that plate and weigh both. Subtract the weight of the plate from the combined weight of plate plus the squirrel to get squirrel weight. If you don't have a kitchen scale, maybe a friend or neighbor has one that you can borrow? If you can't get a scale, we could guess weight but that is not as good. Time is CRITICAL, aspiration pneumonia can kill in 24-48 hours. So please let us know if you can get a scale, otherwise we may just have to wing it with a guess as to his weight (at least to get the amoxi started).

Quote Originally Posted by Vern1978 View Post
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  120.7 KB

He just looks awful to me. I don’t know if a way to weigh him. Closest thing to compare is the weight of a key FOB. Trying to attach picture now
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

Thanks for the picture. I am going to guess at his weight and dose for you, but he looks to be in bad shape.
    redwuff
    State Licensed

9. Serious fuzzy thank you's to redwuff from:

TubeDriver (10-16-2019)

Dosing sent
    redwuff
    State Licensed

11. Serious fuzzy thank you's to redwuff from:

RockyPops (10-16-2019)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.