Thread: New Members Here

jandjrehab Guest

Default New Members Here

Hello everyone,
    This is such an amazing resource for my husband and I. I can't wait to read everything on here to educate ourselves on everything squirrel. We are provisional rehabers and just beginning. We found a week old in our neighborhood and the mother never came back. That was 3 weeks ago and we are so excited to help wildlife of any sort. Once word got out that we were active there was a call for us to take on 3 more with eyes closed. However when we got there they are actually juveniles and about 165 -170 grams and there were 4. SOOOOOOOO.....we have two separate enclosures and are diving right in with 5 squirrels. We are excited to release them eventually and will look forward to all the vast knowledge you all can provide. Look forward to meeting you all.
    Judy

2. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to jandjrehab:

island rehabber (10-13-2019), Nancy in New York (10-12-2019)

Default Re: New Members Here

Im only a junior member and still working on getting my apprentice rehab liscense but still wanted to say welcome! I have been rehabbing two greys for the past two months and it is the best experience I have ever had! Knowing I’m allowing these beautiful creatures to have a second chance is such a wonderful joy! This board is AMAZING! And all the rehabbers are so kind and willing to help. I’m still finding out new things daily on the best way to care for our little squirrels and am amazed at how unique and wonderful these animals are. I may not be able to give any advice but love reading everyone’s stories and experiences to learn from. Good luck in your squirrely journey

4. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Tmstrat:

Grinderhead (10-11-2019), HRT4SQRLS (10-11-2019), island rehabber (10-13-2019), Nancy in New York (10-12-2019)

to TheSquirrelBoard

Judy, we are thrilled to have you join us. There are very few rehabbers in your state. You are going to be BUSY! TSB is an awesome resource. You will find a lot of helpful information in the archived threads. If we can help in any way we would be happy to help. It sounds like you have jumped in with both feet.

6. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to HRT4SQRLS:

Nancy in New York (10-12-2019), RockyPops (10-11-2019)

MLauderman Guest

Hi y’all, I’m Michelle and new here, thank you so much for accepting me. I am a rehabber through WRG Coastal Group here in SC. I am so excited to be doing this! I’ve had a passion for rehabbing animals, pets and wildlife, since I was around 8 and found my first baby bird. Since then I’ve taken in mostly kittens and puppies. Here we are 30 years later and I found my first baby squirrel. I contacted our local squirrel guru who is amazing and has taken me under her wing. I’m now doing what I’ve always wanted to do! I love working with wildlife so much, it does prove to be challenging at times buys it’s so worth it.

MLaunderman, welcome to TheSquirrelBoard. I'm glad you found us. If you need help we are always happy to help. That is awesome that you are finally fulfilling a long time passion.

I'm sure your wildlife group has heard about the problems with Esbilac formula this year.
    It has been a very difficult year for rehabbers.

Quote Originally Posted by jandjrehab View Post
    Hello everyone,
    This is such an amazing resource for my husband and I. I can't wait to read everything on here to educate ourselves on everything squirrel. We are provisional rehabers and just beginning. We found a week old in our neighborhood and the mother never came back. That was 3 weeks ago and we are so excited to help wildlife of any sort. Once word got out that we were active there was a call for us to take on 3 more with eyes closed. However when we got there they are actually juveniles and about 165 -170 grams and there were 4. SOOOOOOOO.....we have two separate enclosures and are diving right in with 5 squirrels. We are excited to release them eventually and will look forward to all the vast knowledge you all can provide. Look forward to meeting you all.
    Judy
    Hi Judy,

So glad you found TSB.
    redwuff
    State Licensed
    Master Wildlife Rehabilitator

to ALL the newbies here -- so glad you found us!

The Squirrel Board has been around for almost 15 years now, and we have tried to always represent the best practices for squirrel rehabilitation available on the 'net. We are first and foremost concerned with saving squirrels; if their people improve as well, so much the better .

Please don't hesitate to ask questions. No one will judge or ridicule you for asking simple newbie questions -- and if they do, let me know and I will personally go and give them a Boogie-down Bronx Beatdown! We're very glad you're here.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

jandjrehab Guest

Hi MLaunderman,

I am new as well and already have received such great responses from members on here. There is so much to learn. How old is the baby you found. My first one was about 1 week old on September 18. I now have 6 but none as young as my first little one. Colorado does not have many squirrel rehabbers so once my name got out, the calls came in. However I need to focus on just the ones I have right now to get them ready to be released. The 6th one I just got yesterday and is 160 g, 4 of the others I have had for a little over one week and they are 180-214grams, the baby is only 80 grams. I was trying to find her a buddy but no one has one here that young. Strange I came across this young one forst but they are all doing great.

Judy

12. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to jandjrehab:

island rehabber (10-13-2019), RockyPops (10-13-2019)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.