Thread: My Little Neuro Guy Hurt His Foot

Threaded View

Default My Little Neuro Guy Hurt His Foot

My sweet, little neuro boy, Jacob, hurt his back foot! He apparently got some of his nesting material caught on his leg, dragged it into the kitchen, and got his leg wrapped around the leg of a kitchen chair. He has free run of the house during the day, under supervision, and has a little bed he likes to nap in, in one of the corners of the house. That is what he dragged into the kitchen, and was all tangled up in it. When I got home, I found him just laying on the floor with his foot, twisted, and wrapped around the chair, and his care giver was in another room, and hadn't even noticed! I am absolutely furious, but also TERRIFIED for him! His foot was wrapped up in a rubber band like fashion, with some of the nesting material, cutting off his circulation in his foot, and I had to cut him free with scissors! He had no food, no water, and I don't have any idea how long he had been like that! Of course, I'm sure he struggled a lot to get free, probably making his injury worse! Could his foot be broken? I have some Metacam that I can give him, but I have had it since March, and I need to know if it's still good? He drank a little bit of water, but not much. Should I try giving him some via syringe? He is also on Gabapentin for neurological pain/seizures. I also have Prednisone for him, that I know is still good. If the Metacam isn't good anymore, I do have infant ibuprofen I can give him, but I know the Metacam would be better. I also don't know when he had anything to eat last. His poor little foot is swelling up so badly! I cannot get in to see my vet until tomorrow. Should I try to get him to eat something? Should I give him the Prednisone, or the Metacam? Or should I give him the ibuprofen, if the Metacam has expired? I know Prednisone helps with inflammation, but not pain, is that correct? I am keeping him still and as comfortable as possible , but I don't know what else to do! Please help! I am so worried, and I know my sweet little boy is in so much pain! Thank you all so much!
    Attached Images Attached Images