Thread: feeding new milk

Default feeding new milk

Hey guys, once again sorry for posting a new thread I know you guys like to have them merged I can’t for the life of me figure it out. Penelope and Squilliam are 7 weeks old, I’ve had them since 2days old. I switched from goats milk formula to fox valley 2? Days ago Penelope was 120g when started and Squilliam was 109g since I started it they have been eating less, usually lucky if I can get them to take 3-4ml when p eats 8 and Squilliam eats 6. And this morning Penelope didn’t want the fox valley formula at all and she is usually quite the pig. I feed every 4-5 hours and one 7 hour feeding at night. Im trying to implement only 4 feedings but some days they think they need 5 lol They are super active and not acting strangely at all so I’m not worried really but know they need to get the proper amount of formula, they’re just being picky, because I gave them a syringe of goats milk just to see if that was the issue and they acted like they’d never had milk in their life. Would it be safe to mix just a touch of goats milk with the fox valley formula just for taste? Or any other suggestions? Thanks guys (first picture is Penelope and the 2nd is squill)
    Attached Images Attached Images    

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Faithb from:

RockyPops (10-04-2019)

Default Re: feeding new milk

Yes, you can mix them and gradually lower the amount of goats milk until it is all fv.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithb View Post
    Hey guys, once again sorry for posting a new thread I know you guys like to have them merged I can’t for the life of me figure it out. Penelope and Squilliam are 7 weeks old, I’ve had them since 2days old. I switched from goats milk formula to fox valley 2? Days ago Penelope was 120g when started and Squilliam was 109g since I started it they have been eating less, usually lucky if I can get them to take 3-4ml when p eats 8 and Squilliam eats 6. And this morning Penelope didn’t want the fox valley formula at all and she is usually quite the pig. I feed every 4-5 hours and one 7 hour feeding at night. Im trying to implement only 4 feedings but some days they think they need 5 lol They are super active and not acting strangely at all so I’m not worried really but know they need to get the proper amount of formula, they’re just being picky, because I gave them a syringe of goats milk just to see if that was the issue and they acted like they’d never had milk in their life. Would it be safe to mix just a touch of goats milk with the fox valley formula just for taste? Or any other suggestions? Thanks guys (first picture is Penelope and the 2nd is squill)
    Squirrels, squirrels and more squirrels....
    Prayers for the people who make this a better world...
    savesquirrels@sbcglobal.net

4. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to SammysMom:

Faithb (10-04-2019), RockyPops (10-04-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Faithb View Post
    Are they on any type of block yet?
    If they will take 5 feedings of formula, then give it.
    You can add the GM formula to the FV20/50.
    You can do half and half and then work up to all FV20/50.
    Most everyone gradually transitions their little ones from
    one formula to another when they go to something different.
    It helps with digestive issues and helps prevent diarrhea, and it
    also "fools" them into thinking they are still taking the old formula.

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Nancy in New York from:

RockyPops (10-04-2019)

Squilliam......I love it!

8. Serious fuzzy thank you's to RockyPops from:

Faithb (10-05-2019)