Thread: Milky eye

Cheebus Guest

Default Milky eye

Canadian black squirrel, one eye is going milky. Seems healthy otherwise, is there anything i can do for it?

Default Re: Milky eye

Hello Cheebus, check back here often. Someone will have advice.

Do you have pics? And weight in case meds are needed?

Is this a baby? If so, which formula are you using?

I know the question about formula seems irrelevant but actually it is very relevant to cloudy eyes.

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to HRT4SQRLS from:

stepnstone (10-04-2019)

Cheebus Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RockyPops View Post
    Hello Cheebus, check back here often. Someone will have advice.

Do you have pics? And weight in case meds are needed?
    Not a baby, mature or nearly mature. I dont know how to share pics. Im extremely worried though, shes being reintegrated into the wild, she could have gotten into anything! Im ashamed to admit i dont know how long its been there, i didnt notice an obvious difference until tonight she was favouring one side like she was losing vision.

7. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Cheebus from:

RockyPops (10-05-2019)

Did you rehab her?

9. Serious fuzzy thank you's to HRT4SQRLS from:

RockyPops (10-05-2019)

Cheebus Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HRT4SQRLS View Post
    Did you rehab her?
    I did my best, she was hurt and in rough shape when i found her. Her fur filled in and she seemed to be getting better. I started with just a cage outside, then i opened the cage and let her explore. I expected she would come back less and less fequently but she comes back a little faster each time. She gets lots of fresh fruit and vegetable, she has two different mineral licks and a protein block, her favourite food changes every week so i do spoil her and give her more of whatever veg she happens to prefer that week. Lately acorns have been an issue (inside) she stashes them everywhere and is eating far less of her regular food because she always seems to have a stash of acorns. I wasnt too worried about it because i figure she would evetually be eating like a crappy teenager on her own but now im not sure how to proceed or if her eye issue is even nutrition related. She had a small peice of cheesy pizza last week, a few websites said that would be a good treat, maybe that did it. No major head injuries other than the obvious bonk or two they all get. When i found her she had a crushed tail (under a large peice of wood, screaming weakly) and her fur was patchy and almost mangy, the tail and fur filled in (although she still wont let me touch her tail and it seems to have some purple discolouration still at the point of injury). There is a tiny patch of fur missing on top of her head, i assumed it was from rubbing the cage (she would get cage lines on her nose all the time but this is slightly too high for that) it doesnt look like an injury or infection at all or even anything to worry about but im grasping at straws here trying to think of anything at all that could help. Chestnuts are another thing she got into outside but she doesnt hide them around, she just comes home with black hands stinking like them. Ticks are an issue in the are but ive checked her over and over. I cant think of anything else but if i do ill post it.

Edit: i didnt leaver her in a cage outside, that sounds wrong, i moved her to an outdoor cage for about an hour supervised daily

Cheebus Guest

Checked the patch on her head, it is on the side with the bad eye and there is a faint purple colour to the skin (like an injury). Any advice? This seems the most likely culprit at this time in my opinion. Can anyone help me with posting pictures? I cant tell if its a headbonk, a tumor or maybe a cat or something.

This may help in uploading pictures:

https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...e-upgraded-TSB

Members who have read this thread: 1