Thread: blood in urine

Dixie139 Guest

Default blood in urine

I am currently hand rearing an 8 week old grey, she has been under my care for the past 12 days and has been doing very well despite being found extremely thin and dehydrated and having a deformed front leg which seems to be correcting itself as she grows stronger and practises climbing. She has been taking formula and weaning foods very well and gaining weight daily. Yesterday I noticed on one occasion that she had blood in her urine, it was definitely pretty much all blood, bright red. She has also had pink urine and clear urine - it seems to vary. She was straining each time with only a tiny amount coming out. She is still just as lively and her appetite doesn't seem particularly affected but I'm worried she might end up going downhill. Does anyone have any advice? I have been giving her live yoghurt to help with the friendly bacteria which she enjoys!

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Dixie139 from:

RockyPops (10-02-2019)

Default Re: blood in urine

Did she come from another person who had raised her for awhile or did she come right from being an orphan? What formula do you have her on?

My experience with blood in the urine #1 came from a dog crush injury. That was a large amount of bright red blood, which took two days to clear completely. I did give anti-inflammatory and pain meds for that. And #2from a baby that had been in treatment for a week and she bled quite bright blood. Vet said it could have come from a freak burst blood vessel. That stopped within the day. Did not treat squirrel for that.

Make sure your baby stays hydrated.
    redwuff
    State Licensed
    Master Wildlife Rehabilitator

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to redwuff from:

RockyPops (10-02-2019)

Dixie139 Guest

Thank you for your response

It seemed to be something that only lasted 48 hours thankfully and she is completely back to normal now!

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Dixie139 from:

redwuff (10-07-2019)

Did you feed her any acorns? They make bright red urine.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.