Thread: Discolored urine

Default Discolored urine

Hi guys! Iíll be quick, because Iím worried: Matilda seems to have very discolored urine. Itís possible that itís blood. It seems pink/brown. Iím desperately hoping thatís not what it is. Somebody please tell me this is normal when transitioning to solid foods?? Weíve just transitioned from esbilac to fox valley, but she also eats 2-3 HHBs per day, as well as baby carrots, sugar snap peas, kale, mashed bananas, yogurt, baby rice cereal (I just put those last three in her formula to help keep her stool firm and regular, but I canít recall what the recipe/diet is called), weíve also had a bit of luck with broccoli and cauliflower, and tonight we tried just a touch of butternut squash purťe for the first time. I donít think she seems to drink much from the water bottle in her pen. I have quadruple checked it and it works perfectly. Can anyone help me?? Oh, also, sheís had a few nibbles of a radish here and there. She has lots of little wooden rodent toys to chew on. What could this be??

Default Re: Discolored urine

Just feed formula and hhbs for the next day or two. No sticks or anything else and see if her urine turns back clear. Is she a bit dehydrated? See if you can get her to drink more water. Slightly sweeten it and syringe it to her. Take a picture of the dark urine and send it to me if you can.
    redwuff
    State Licensed
    Master Wildlife Rehabilitator

My part of appt with Dr. Johnson is done. You just need to set up an appointment.
    redwuff
    State Licensed
    Master Wildlife Rehabilitator

She peed before bed last night and it was clear as water...Iím not sure what this can be. Have not been able to get a picture yet, I apologize, today has been a little rough for me. I am going to message you privately about the appointment!

Hey guys. Itís been a few days and the discoloration seems to be back and stronger. Uploading a photo

Name:  30DB414C-0921-4B6A-8D82-FA00492D4A8A.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  93.0 KB

She has stopped taking her formula so I did have to go back to veggies. Recently has been endive, carrots, kale, and a bit of apple and avocado. With 2-3 hhbs daily of course.

Sheís kind of clumsy and occasionally when she tries to jump from my shoulder to, say, the countertop or the refrigerator, she falls flat. But sheís still very active and not lethargic, has a great appetite. How do I know when to be concerned about internal bleeding?? Or could this be a UTI?

Just bumping the thread