Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 11 week old diarrhea and loosing weight

Hybrid View

Default Re: 11 week old diarrhea and loosing weight

Good, I hope it was just the last can. IMO, the Esbilac has more issues than lack of usable calcium. Babies on it are getting serious diarrhea and Failure to Thrive. This is likely the cause of your babies issues right now.

You can use Tums as a calcium source. Don’t buy mint flavored Tums. A change of formula might be enough to stop the diarrhea.

I’m thrilled that he ate the Goat Milk formula. Sometimes they reject a new taste.

Ya I can definitely tell he still feels crappy. Prob from being so depleted and dehydrated. It took some convincing to get him to take the new goats milk but not as much as it has been lately. I was excited I was able to feed him that much. I'm going to try and give him a couple ml's of water inbetween feedings. Hopefully he does it again tonight. He ate the goat formula cold. Can I warm it up in the microwave? Also do I brake up the tums and add it to his formula? Thank you so much for the help!

For those that aren't yet aware, there is another good source of non GMO, grass fed, whole fat organic yogurt available on the East coast and west coast. Maple Hill Creamery, that hails from Stuyvesant, N.Y. also produces a whole fat yogurt that contains 10g. of fat per cup; Stonyfield coming in a close 2nd.

But don't be passing on Stonyfield whole fat grass fed organic yogurt should the Maple Hill brand isn't available at a market near you, or vice versa, as either will lend good support to the temporary Goat Milk replacement formula recipe noted on the board. It is always good to have another good source to choose should the market be out of one or the other.

Bon appetite babies!!

https://maplehill.com/yogurt/

https://www.stonyfield.com/products/...ilk-plain-32oz

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Diggie's Friend from:

island rehabber (09-26-2019)

Or mazuri blocks I'll have to ask

If your can says Made in the USA it is probably the older lots that appear to be OK. We can’t be certain though. I will say that babies on the BAD Esbilac are crashing long before 11 weeks. Maybe this isn’t MBD.

I can’t imagine why an 11 week old now has uncontrolled diarrhea. I have 3 eleven week old babies right now. They are eating like horses. They take 20-30cc of Fox Valley 20:50 twice a day. They are eating a lot of solid food.

Is this liquid diarrhea or soft poop?
    Have you fed any acorns? Any outside foods? Mine are devouring oak branches.

You can give the Pedialyte while he has diarrhea. How long have you been giving the Pedialyte?

Formula should always be fed warm. Microwave water in a coffee mug. Take a smaller container, like a baby food jar, with the formula and sit it in the warm water. The formula will warm.

I would crush the Tums. Add a small amount of water. Give one Tums over a 24 hr period. Do NOT give it all at one time. Syringe small doses until it is gone. I think you will see a rapid upswing in his over all attitude as far as well being.

Awsome thank you so much! I was losing hope. Your making me feel better about things. I know it could be alot of things, but given what we know about the esbilac and dehydration I'm feeling better about how this may turn out. I'll keep you posted. Im about to give him some plain water and see what he takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirreldad112 View Post
    Awsome thank you so much! I was losing hope. Your making me feel better about things. I know it could be alot of things, but given what we know about the esbilac and dehydration I'm feeling better about how this may turn out. I'll keep you posted. Im about to give him some plain water and see what he takes.

Please do let us know. We are documenting these cases in an informal way. Let’s see how he does in a few days. We would like to see you vote in our poll regarding Esbilac. I will post a link later but let’s get your boy turned around first.

By the way, I don’t think I need to say this.... no more Esbilac.

Ok sounds good. So if this is the issue, how long should it take for his poop to turn back to at least a paste? Also given this is a new formula will it take a while for his tummy to get use to it anyway? I also just got him to take 1ml of plain water pretty easy.

We don’t recommend the Exotic Nutrition foods. This is the ingredient list of their Monkey Biscuits. None of the first 5 ingredients are healthy for squirrels. The Zupreem monkey biscuits are much better.

Ingredients: ground corn, ground wheat, dehulled soybean meal, wheat middlings, animal fat preserved with bha, dry whey, corn gluten meal, dehydrated alfalfa meal, dried beet pulp, sucrose, fish meal, calcium carbonate, brewers dried yeast, salt, dicalcium phosphate, cyanocobalamin, riboflavin, dl-methionine, choline chloride, calcium pantothenate, nicotinic acid, folic acid, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamine, mononitrate, ascorbic acid, vitamin a acetate, cholecalciferol, l-lysine, menadione, dimethylpyrimidinol bisulfite (source of vitamin k), dl-alpha iodate, manganous oxide, copper sulfate, cobalt carbonate, zinc sulfate, zinc oxide.

Guaranteed Analysis: crude protein 15%, crude fat 5%, crude fiber 6%

Liquid diarrhea. Hes just had a little pedialyte here and there over the last few days. I'll get him on it constantly now. Our rehaber mentioned pumpkin. Any thoughts? I gave him half a penut the second day he was sick to see if he would eat that. That's the only nut hes ever had though and he didnt eat it. Just chewed it up.

I reread your initial post. Runny mucous poop.

I have heard that pumpkin is good for loose poop. I have never used it. Maybe someone with experience with it can sound in.

Yes, pumpkin is good. Did the rehabber mention how to give it?

I'm trying to contact them now. But your input on how to feed the pumpkin would also be appreciated

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12