Thread: Food amount check and a serious licker!

Default Food amount check and a serious licker!

Ok so we have reached Zanos and Zebs 8th week. And Zeb(female) has taken to obsessively licking my hands when out of the cage playing. She doesn’t nibble just licks. Zanos is a nibbler, loves the taste of my fingers and nails. So my question is that normal and am I feeding them correctly? They get 16-20cc of formula 3x a day. (FV20/50) plus they have sunflower seeds, 2x rodent blocks, and they get a mix of radicchio, bok choy, romaine ans mushrooms all day as free feed. They weigh about 220g each. Should I add anything else or am I doing it right? Thanks!

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Tmstrat from:

RockyPops (09-24-2019)

Default Re: Food amount check and a serious licker!

Everything sounds good.. except for the sunflower seeds. I normally do not introduce any until the last few weeks before release. If you are planing on keeping them through the winter you should give very little or no nuts.
    I would also limit the mushrooms.

Look in the Squirrel Nutrition forum for a sticky post near the top called 'Healthy Diet for Pet Squirrels'. It has a very long list of what foods are healthy, moderate, and unhealthy.

I have no clue why she is licking you instead of nibbling. That is odd. Check to make sure her teeth look the same as her brother's, and that she can open nuts okay.

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Javarat from:

RockyPops (09-24-2019)

Ok thank you. I will stop with the seeds and mushrooms. They didn’t care for the mushrooms anyway. I was using the guide from Henry’s website so I’ll tale a look at the sticky and make sure that works. I’m really surprised they haven’t weaned themselves more off the formula. They still really look forward to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmstrat View Post
    Ok thank you. I will stop with the seeds and mushrooms. They didn’t care for the mushrooms anyway. I was using the guide from Henry’s website so I’ll tale a look at the sticky and make sure that works. I’m really surprised they haven’t weaned themselves more off the formula. They still really look forward to that.
    My first baby sucked down formula until he was 18 weeks old! He ate all of his other food, too, but he still wanted his milkies!

They are grooming you.
    just a little squee love.
    Scurry Central
    living and loving squirrel

Quote Originally Posted by lilidukes View Post
    They are grooming you.
    just a little squee love.
    I’m all about their love! Little Zeb has now taught her brother to lick me so he has started doing that more than biting. I think it’s cause they know their teeth hurt more than their tongues . Super amazed at how smart they are. Although Zanos seems to be a little behind on climbing. I’m hoping he picks it up, Zeb loves to do zoomies all around the outside of the cage where Zanos just zoomies around the floor.