Thread: Poopie problem

Squirrel_Nut Guest

Default Poopie problem

Hey guys! Quick question. I have a 4 week 52g baby who has been having great bowel movements. She goes every time I stimulate her and it’s always good color, consistency, and good amount. Yesterday morning she only went a very very little bit and has been giving out one tiny pellet every other feeding. I have not switched her formula or anything lately. Her tummy isn’t bloated and is soft even after feedings. Anyone have any ideas of what’s going on? She is eating FV 20/50 and I skipped one feeding and gave her Pedialyte but it didn’t help.

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Squirrel_Nut from:

RockyPops (09-29-2019)

Exclamation Re: Poopie problem

Is there a way to push this thread to an admin? The answer would help our situation at home here too.

Default Re: Poopie problem

My first suspicion would be that she is pooping in the bedding. Or she is having episodes of diarrhea in the bedding.
    Skipping a feeding will not increase poop, but will delay it. You have to put solids in to get solids out.
    Offer water between meals, but not instead of a meal. I normally do not offer pedialyte once they are formula as it can conflict with it, I just offer water. Especially when they are constipated.. the pedialyte can make that worse as it pulls more water from the intestines to the body.

How long have you had the squirrel? How long has it been on this formula, and how much and how often is it eating?

Until we can get more info the only safe proactive step I can advise is a drop or two simethicone (Infant Gas-X) once per day. You can find it in the grocery store or dolalr stores in the infant section.

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Javarat from:

RockyPops (09-29-2019)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.