Thread: Re: Swollen Testicle

Plowgirl Guest

Default Re: Swollen Testicle

My 8 month old male Squirrel Rocky, who is now an outside squirrel. his left Testicle is swollen to the size of a pecan! It looks like it hurts. What is wrong with him?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'm no expert but my boy "Rocky" also, had large testicles. It may just be normal. His looked kinda strange sometimes like one was in front of the other instead of side by side.

I was looking at old pics and noticed how they looked and came to realize that he was the only mature male I had ever had to even visit my yard. I saw a young one or two but no mature ones. I even asked the question on here "did wild males stay hidden and in the background kinda like male deer do"?

I still haven't seen any mature males around. At least not coming around for treats.

Someone with more knowledge will have a better answer. Check back often.

Quote Originally Posted by Plowgirl View Post
    My 8 month old male Squirrel Rocky, who is now an outside squirrel. his left Testicle is swollen to the size of a pecan! It looks like it hurts. What is wrong with him?
    If it’s just one testicle swollen there could be a problem. I hope others with more knowledge about this will share their thoughts.

A mature male that is ready to mate will have enlarged, very dark testicles. If your boy is experiencing something different then it needs to be addressed.

In the picture he looks like he doesn’t feel well...he is in the classic “heads down” position.

Members who have read this thread: 1