Thread: Found baby flying squirrel Alpharetta /Johns Creek 30022

basiakwiat Guest

Default Found baby flying squirrel Alpharetta /Johns Creek 30022

Name:  IMG_0534.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  77.1 KB

It was about 20 minutes ago, with fur, eyes a little bit open, warm, right now I put her in a box, with warmed rice, don’t have heating pad.
    I took care of baby birds for a short time under supervision of licensed rehab before she could take them.
    I’m sure it is baby flying squirrel, I had a chance to see adults in live.
    She is breathing, reacting, sleeping in curled position.

I don't have experience with squirrels and would appreciate help.

Barbara

Default Re: Found baby flying squirrel Alpharetta /Johns Creek 30022

Yes, you are correct. That is a Southern Flying Squirrel. This will get you started.

https://www.henryspets.com/1-caring-...baby-squirrel/

basiakwiat Guest

This baby was found by cat, not sure if it fell out of the nest. I do take care of cats at home and don’t have any supplies for feeding squirrel. Will it survive a night without a food? Right now she/he squeaks and moves probably is hungry.

If cat caught / found / in-cat-contact you will want to give antibiotics because cats carry bacteria that is extremely lethal to squirrels.

Please try to locate antibiotics, tell us what you can find, the strength and the weight of the squirrel.

Here is a link to basic squirrel care (it is six pages long):
    https://www.henryspets.com/1-caring-...baby-squirrel/

Here is a link to a homemade formula you can use:
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...ilk-Formula***

I am out of Georgia until Tuesday if you are looking for someone to help with him (or still looking) I will help...

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Spanky from:

Mel1959 (09-22-2019)

basiakwiat Guest

Thank you so much to all for your interest. I did find help for them. After I wrote on the board, I went back to look around the area the baby was found and I found another one on the ground. That one was already very cold.
    I have them for 12h, thanks to this board I knew what to do, keep them warm and hydrate. I have no chance to get antibiotic or the best formula for them so quick, but fortunately I found the rehab who specialize in squirrels and rabbits. She was willing to help if I will drive them to her so I did.
    She wrote my on Sunday each of them took 2cc of milk with antibiotic and they are sleeping in incubator. Hope they will be ok. She told me that maybe this time cat actually save them as they were rather thin, so she thought they might be without mother maybe a day.
    BarbaraName:  IMG_0538.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  58.9 KB

7. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to basiakwiat:

Bravo (09-24-2019), Javarat (09-24-2019), Milo's Mom (09-24-2019), Spanky (09-24-2019)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.