Thread: AthensGAgirl and Zippy

Default AthensGAgirl and Zippy

This is a visitor message I found from AthensGAgirl.

I had a 6 week old female baby (Zippy) that is doing great. I connected with a local rehabilitator today to go over a few things to make sure i was doing things properly.
    I was told that my girl would do better with a companion, so long story short I brought another female 6 weeks old home with us.
    The other female has been here with us 2 hrs, i got Zippy out of her cage to feed her and noticed the other squirrel has peed on zippy, she had soaked their hammock with pee.
    After feeding Zippy when i tried to open the cage she is growling and throwing herself at the cage. I slipped Zippy in and she attacked Zippy so i opened the door just enough to have Zippy run up my arm.
    I don't know what to do.
    Should i return her?
    I feel this is unfair to Zippy. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated!
    Thank you

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to HRT4SQRLS from:

Nancy in New York (09-21-2019)

Default Re: AthensGAgirl and Zippy

Welcome to The Squirrel Board

First, let me ask, what type of squirrel are we talking about?
    6 weeks is pretty young. You should be able to pair squirrels this young. They might grumble a little but they should get over that. Of course, if a squirrel peed on me in my house that might upset me too. Wait a minute, they do that all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by HRT4SQRLS View Post
    This is a visitor message I found from AthensGAgirl.
    I just sent her a pm with the link to her thread.
    Thank you HRT4SQRLS

AthensGAgirl Guest

They are greys.
    I have spoken with the rehabilitator since posting and have taken the other baby back to her.

I do have a new question. My Zippy had loose poop Fri. morning it was yellowish brown. She was on puppy esbilac until Wed when i saw the warning so immediately started her on the goat/cream/yogurt.
    As of Fri evening i stopped adding the cream. The rehabilitator dosed her with Kaopectate this morning and send a p.m. dose home with me. As i was just dosing her she pottied and it is now green and watery.
    I wont be able to reach the rehabilitator until the a.m.
    Is there something i can do until then?
    Oh i have given her Pedialyte also.
    I'm just worried about her.
    Thank you!

AthensGAgirl Guest

Thank you!

It wasn't so much being peed on, she had jump on Zippy and if she could have got to me she would have kicked my butt, lol!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AthensGAgirl View Post
    They are greys.
    I have spoken with the rehabilitator since posting and have taken the other baby back to her.

I do have a new question. My Zippy had loose poop Fri. morning it was yellowish brown. She was on puppy esbilac until Wed when i saw the warning so immediately started her on the goat/cream/yogurt.
    As of Fri evening i stopped adding the cream. The rehabilitator dosed her with Kaopectate this morning and send a p.m. dose home with me. As i was just dosing her she pottied and it is now green and watery.
    I wont be able to reach the rehabilitator until the a.m.
    Is there something i can do until then?
    Oh i have given her Pedialyte also.
    I'm just worried about her.
    Thank you!
    Is the poop smelly? It might be Coccidia or it might be from the formula change. For tonight hydration is the most important thing. I’m sure the rehabber will know which direction to go. If Coccidia she will need treatment. If it’s just the formula switch it will clear up by itself.