Thread: Making block with einkorn flour?

Hybrid View

Default Making block with einkorn flour?

Has anyone used einkorn whole wheat flour in the Henry block recipe? Wondering if measurements would be the same. Thanks

Default Re: Making block with einkorn flour?

Far as I know, the wheat protein source in HHB is wheat protein isolate, not wheat flour that is not a concentrated protein source.

There is an organic source of grass fed raw organic whey that is flash pasteurized with otherwise minimal cold processing. Check it out.

https://www.amazon.in/Raw-Grass-Fed-.../dp/B018UPBFUK

Quote Originally Posted by Diggie's Friend View Post
    Far as I know, the wheat protein source in HHB is wheat protein isolate, not wheat flour that is not a concentrated protein source.

There is an organic source of grass fed raw organic whey that is flash pasteurized with otherwise minimal cold processing. Check it out.

https://www.amazon.in/Raw-Grass-Fed-.../dp/B018UPBFUK
    The Henry block recipe I found on this site has wheat flour?

Not a direct answer to your question since I've never used einkorn flour... But I have a few batches of the blocks with alternate flours - almond, oat, coconut and blends of those just to add some variety every once in a while. However I don't feed this daily either, just once every few days to switch it up. I've had great success with straight coconut and adding the whole amount of optional water. Mine never rise as much as the ready made blocks, but aside from needing extra liquid for the grain free flours I've had no issues. I would assume with it still being a wheat flour that you shouldn't need to change anything. I've also substituted half of the liquid for pureed fruit or veggies and that's worked fine too. It seems as long as you have a scale and the main ingredients everything else is easily adaptable. I haven't had a failure yet?