View Poll Results: Which can of Esbilac did you use and did your squirrels have issues with it?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Old can - No issues

18 40.00%
  • Old can - Yes, had issues

2 4.44%
  • New can - No issues

9 20.00%
  • New can - Yes, had issues

23 51.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Esbilac Poll

Default Esbilac Poll

Asking members which Esbilac can they have been using and whether or not they had issues with their babies while on it.
    Old can has a flag on the bottom left corner that says, "Made in the USA".
    Newer can has a star graphic and says, "Crafted in the USA with domestic and imported ingredients".

**See poll above**

Name:  madeusastar.jpg
Views: 989
Size:  69.0 KB
    Name:  flagusa.jpg
Views: 1225
Size:  84.5 KB
    Last edited by dus7; 09-11-2019 at 10:46 PM.

2. 7 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to dus7:

Chirps (09-11-2019), HRT4SQRLS (09-12-2019), Jerri (09-17-2019), LanSeaAir (10-28-2019), Nancy in New York (09-12-2019), SammysMom (09-13-2019), stepnstone (09-12-2019)

Default Re: Esbilac Poll

Great idea!
    redwuff
    State Licensed
    Master Wildlife Rehabilitator

Very useful
    Wish I had kept my old cans..I had no problems.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

Well don't count my vote because it's early and I read it wrong somehow..? Mine should be "New can - had issues". Sorry..

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Asos from:

Nancy in New York (09-13-2019)

I can vote for little Petey Pancake cos I had his mom bring me the can. And, why yes it is the new can that caused that sweet wonderful baby squirrel to have almost every bone broken in his body.
    redwuff
    State Licensed

8. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to redwuff:

PeteyPancake (09-12-2019), UDoWhat (09-13-2019)

little Petey Pancake

Name:  3DCA018E-3E86-44E9-900E-413854F397FB.jpg
Views: 881
Size:  115.0 KB
    redwuff
    State Licensed

10. 6 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to redwuff:

Grinderhead (09-15-2019), lukaslolamaus (09-14-2019), Nancy in New York (09-12-2019), PeteyPancake (09-12-2019), Sir Rodney (09-13-2019), UDoWhat (09-13-2019)

Makes me want to cry to see that sweet baby like that. Will he survive? Poor, poor darling!

I unceremoniously (and somewhat angrily) threw out the can, but I believe it to have been the new stuff, as the plain blue banner adorned the top with mentions of probiotics elsewhere on the can, and I definitely had problems with my baby. I regret that I didn't notice the "Made" or "Crafted" bit of information on the can.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Rodney View Post
    Makes me want to cry to see that sweet baby like that. Will he survive? Poor, poor darling!

I unceremoniously (and somewhat angrily) threw out the can, but I believe it to have been the new stuff, as the plain blue banner adorned the top with mentions of probiotics elsewhere on the can, and I definitely had problems with my baby. I regret that I didn't notice the "Made" or "Crafted" bit of information on the can.
    Sir Rodney, if you had the plain blue banner you definitely had the CRAFTED in the USA can (new problematic lots).

13. Serious fuzzy thank you's to HRT4SQRLS from:

Sir Rodney (09-14-2019)

Marymo Guest

I have five infants and have been using Esbilac “crafted in the USA.” I have had no issues. They are growing and have had no digestive problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Marymo View Post
    I have five infants and have been using Esbilac “crafted in the USA.” I have had no issues. They are growing and have had no digestive problems.
    You should change formulas. You don't see MBD until it is very advanced.
    Squirrels, squirrels and more squirrels....
    Prayers for the people who make this a better world...
    savesquirrels@sbcglobal.net

16. 7 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to SammysMom:

DixiesMom (09-13-2019), HRT4SQRLS (09-13-2019), island rehabber (09-14-2019), Mel1959 (09-14-2019), Nancy in New York (09-13-2019), PeteyPancake (09-14-2019)

I went through two large cans of old product with a raccoon...no problems. Bought a new large can, new formula for the raccoon and 4 eyes closed squirrels...still no digestive problems, but I transitioned the baby squirrels to FV and am adding calcium to the raccoons formula as he is close to weaning. I should also mention that I added Ultraboost to all the formulas.

18. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

island rehabber (09-14-2019)

Seven squirrels total since January 2019 rehabbed with the new esbilac with no issues. Eventually weaned and transitioned to just food and successfully released. I currently have another six at the moment on new esbilac and still no issues. I'm using the goats milk esbilac though - that's all I've ever used so I don't know if that's why I'm not having issues? Is it just the regular esbilac affected (the one with the white puppy on the label)?

Quote Originally Posted by ionian View Post
    Seven squirrels total since January 2019 rehabbed with the new esbilac with no issues. Eventually weaned and transitioned to just food and successfully released. I currently have another six at the moment on new esbilac and still no issues. I'm using the goats milk esbilac though - that's all I've ever used so I don't know if that's why I'm not having issues? Is it just the regular esbilac affected (the one with the white puppy on the label)?
    Yes, it is just the regular puppy Esbilac. As far as we know the Goat Milk Esbilac is fine. No one is reporting problems with GME. Some groups are recommending that their members switch to the GME.

The numbers are shouting loud and clear, aren't they.....
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

Michelangelo

You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1959 View Post
    I went through two large cans of old product with a raccoon...no problems. Bought a new large can, new formula for the raccoon and 4 eyes closed squirrels...still no digestive problems, but I transitioned the baby squirrels to FV and am adding calcium to the raccoons formula as he is close to weaning. I should also mention that I added Ultraboost to all the formulas.
    I also Added ultra boost to both my Esbilac and my FV20/50 And had no problems in fact these were the best looking babies I've had in a long time. I am thinking the ultra boost is a way around this issue as well.
    Last edited by island rehabber; 09-15-2019 at 12:24 PM. Reason: stupid talk-to-text!
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

Michelangelo

You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

23. Serious fuzzy thank you's to island rehabber from:

Mel1959 (09-15-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by island rehabber View Post
    The numbers are shouting loud and clear, aren't they.....
    I definitely think they are clear especially considering that there are probably 2 erroneous votes.
    One poster (Post #4) said they got confused and mis-voted. I think the last vote might have been referring to GME.

Quote Originally Posted by HRT4SQRLS View Post
    Yes, it is just the regular puppy Esbilac. As far as we know the Goat Milk Esbilac is fine. No one is reporting problems with GME. Some groups are recommending that their members switch to the GME.
    Samantha from Pet Ag also recommended the GME as a substitute for the problematic Esbilac.

Quote Originally Posted by HRT4SQRLS View Post
    I definitely think they are clear especially considering that there are probably 2 erroneous votes.
    One poster (Post #4) said they got confused and mis-voted. I think the last vote might have been referring to GME.
    I voted before I read the thread so one of the "New can - No issues" is mine and I was referring to the goat's milk esbilac so please disregard one of the votes for New can - No issues. I was looking to see if there was a way to retract my vote but I can't.

Dbhuntress1966 Guest

Hello everyone I am new to this thread but I wanted to say that I have the crafted in the USA can and I have had nothing but good results with my baby red squirrel that I found at 4 weeks old he is now 12 weeks old and eating a very nutritional squirrel diet chipper Cheeks is doing exceptionally well

Quote Originally Posted by Dbhuntress1966 View Post
    Hello everyone I am new to this thread but I wanted to say that I have the crafted in the USA can and I have had nothing but good results with my baby red squirrel that I found at 4 weeks old he is now 12 weeks old and eating a very nutritional squirrel diet chipper Cheeks is doing exceptionally well
    I hope your little one continues to do well but considering the evidence of those not so lucky,
    if mine I'd want to see radiography to determine bone stability.
    Even with that I wouldn't trust a product that has twice now cost the lives of too many squirrels
    by changing and out sourcing ingredients to make their product cheaper for them to manufacture.
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

29. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to stepnstone:

Mel1959 (10-10-2019), redwuff (10-10-2019)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast