Thread: New Squirrel

Lwallal Guest

Default New Squirrel

Hi There,
    I got a new squirrel today that's about 5-6 weeks old and 95 grams. Apparently someone else had it for about 2 days before I got it and gave it only water and almonds. I got GME (Goats Milk Esbilac) tonight to feed it some formula. It only ate about 1.3mL. I couldn't find regular goats milk on such short notice on a Sunday with everywhere closing. I can get the fox valley 20/50 ordered tomorrow. The last time I had a squirrel the puppy esbilac was till good to use. The GME also came with Bene-Bac plus, should I be using that and if so, how do I dose it?

Does anyone have suggestions for me on anything else I should be doing? It is pretty active while awake.

Thanks,
    Lindsey

Default Re: New Squirrel

Quote Originally Posted by Lwallal View Post
    Hi There,
    I got a new squirrel today that's about 5-6 weeks old and 95 grams. Apparently someone else had it for about 2 days before I got it and gave it only water and almonds. I got GME (Goats Milk Esbilac) tonight to feed it some formula. It only ate about 1.3mL. I couldn't find regular goats milk on such short notice on a Sunday with everywhere closing. I can get the fox valley 20/50 ordered tomorrow. The last time I had a squirrel the puppy esbilac was till good to use. The GME also came with Bene-Bac plus, should I be using that and if so, how do I dose it?
    Does anyone have suggestions for me on anything else I should be doing? It is pretty active while awake.
    Thanks, Lindsey
    Due to product change causing issues with Esbilac and compromising babies we are no longer recommending it's use.
    Instead we recommend using the home made Goat's formula temporary and then transitioning to Fox Valley 20/50.
    I'm attaching a link to baby squirrel care below, just keep in mind the use of Esbilac is no longer recommended.
    Go to this link it can be a HUGE help, it's 6 pages long with the next button on the top right corner.

https://www.henryspets.com/1-basic-setup/
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.