Thread: Feeding amounts

ga32 Guest

Default Feeding amounts

I have two baby red squirrels. I think they are around 6-8 weeks old but I’m not sure. They weigh between 60-70 grams, and I have read that they should be eating 5%-7% of their body weight so I have been feeding them about 3 1/2 ml of their formula, but they still seem hungry after feeding. Is this normal and are they receiving enough of their formula? Also I have been feeding them three times a day. Is this often enough or should I feed them more often throughout the day. Thank you for any help!

Default Re: Feeding amounts

As they get older the eat closer to the 7% and even more at 8 weeks +, so I would up their feedings to 4.5ml - 5ml.

I would think they should be eating at least 4 times a day, but I am not overly familiar with reds, so hopefully someone with more experience will chime in and offer more help.

Have you introduced them to solids yet... rodent block? Veggies?

3. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Spanky:

Nancy in New York (09-03-2019)

ga32 Guest

Default Re: Feeding amounts

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    As they get older the eat closer to the 7% and even more at 8 weeks +, so I would up their feedings to 4.5ml - 5ml.

I would think they should be eating at least 4 times a day, but I am not overly familiar with reds, so hopefully someone with more experience will chime in and offer more help.

Have you introduced them to solids yet... rodent block? Veggies?
    Ok I will definitely do that! Thank you so much! They do eat rodent blocks and I have been introducing different vegtablea into their diet. They seem to really like Brussels sprouts and broccoli but I am trying different ones to give them variety. Thanks again!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.