Thread: Help with habitat/ feeding for 6/7 weeks

Default Help with habitat/ feeding for 6/7 weeks

I posted once and didn't get a response, but maybe I wasn't clear about what I need....do any of you have pics of your habitats for 6/7 week old babies and older? I'm a little confused about how much should be soft and cuddly like they are used to and how much should be natural? I have added some maple sticks and they are playing and gnawing on them along with the rodent block, but should I add leaves, what about pine or cedar branches? should those cover the cage and just a soft spot to sleep? Same with feeding I've read conflicting things about what to feed first. They've had rodent block for a week and nothing else solid. Sorry to be a pain, just don't want to screw them up! Thanks!

Default Re: Help with habitat/ feeding for 6/7 weeks

Replying to bump thread because I’m also very interested in learning about what more I can do for my 7 going on 8 week old

Default Re: Help with habitat/ feeding for 6/7 weeks

No to cedar... no cedar branches, chips, nest boxes... no cedar period.

I'd avoid pine branches simply because the sap is such a mess to deal with.

Branches and leaves and such are fine, great for once they are outdoors in their release cage.

A Critter Nation cage is great because you can close off half until they are 9 or 10 weeks old then open it up for them. I have an "adolescent"cage but they do not stay in that very long.. maybe 10 days, so it is a luxury (it was given to me) and not a necessity. Going from a bin to 1/2 a critter nation cage, then to the full cage is pretty awesome set up IMO.

I feed only rodent block (Henry's) for at least a week or 10 days. And after that they get the block first and anything else after they have eaten the block. It is as much about training them as anything... they will learn to eat the block (and keep eating it) because that's the only way the get the buffet of veggies, greens and a little fruit.

Healthy squirrel Diet link:
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...-Pet-Squirrels