Hello, squirrelly friends.

I have a beautiful ~7 week old female fox squirrel, Rosa Dulce, given to me two weeks ago by a friend who knew I had successfully raised a baby squirrel before (Sir Rodney, Knight of the Order Rodentia).

Rosa is doing well, gaining weight on her Esbilac (dry, probiotic) formula. I recently started changing her over to Fox Valley 20/50 -- today we are at 50/50 plus 1 or 2 Picky Eater Henry's rodent blocks, which she gnaws on, eating some. She weighs 205g. I've been giving her ~12 to 14ccs at each of her four feedings per day. She has a good appetite. Since the beginning last dark Momma stool, she has had soft-ish stools. Her stools were starting to firm up a little, but still soft. She occasionally would have a well-formed golden nugget, but that's the exception rather than the rule.

So, I decided to give the FV Diastat a try for one feeding today in the afternoon. Yikes! She had the worst diarrhea yet tonight, smearing it everywhere, poor darling! I thought this preparation was supposed to firm her up. I'm now concerned! Have I made a terrible mistake? What can I do now?