Thread: Help!! Swollen penis!

Renee Guest

Default Help!! Swollen penis!

I have a male baby about 3/4 weeks old that came to me last week. His brother ended up trying to nurse on him and well caused his penis to swell and scab over. (They have been apart since incident) got the scab off and he was using the bathroom last night. Woke up this morning for a feed and saw that his penis is more swollen with what appears to be a blister on the shaft itself. While I was cleaning him from a BM the "blister" popped and fluid is coming out. I have left a message with an experienced rehabbed and I'm just waiting for her to call me back.

Default Re: Help!! Swollen penis!

Can you post a picture?

Sounds like you've done things right.. separated when it started, got the scab off and got him urinating... but it seems he may be self suckling. That could be from under-feeding.

How much does he weigh, how much and how often if he eating?

Renee Guest

I'm not sure of the weight due to the fact I've lost my scales and I'm waiting for the new one to arrive. He eats every 2- 2 1/2 hrs anywhere from 3 to 5cc at a time. I'll post a pic in a moment.

Renee Guest

I'm not sure how to attach a pic.

Here are the instructions for uploading pics:
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...e-upgraded-TSB

The only way to make sure the feeding amounts are correct is by knowing their weight. I am fairly confident the suckling is the result of his feeding not being correct for his weight, the following chart outlines that.

SquirrelBoard Feeding CheatSheet.pdf

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.