I posted this in life threatening posts as I have posted numerous posts in different categories and no one has given any advice and many have viewed the post. I’m hoping I can get some help as Id I have to return him or give him up if nothing can be done. Sorry for being so crazy, but I obviously don’t want to give up on the squirrel if it’s possible to help him or if this is something normal. But I don’t want to waste time if I can possibly return him.

Hi all,

So, my fiancé bought me a female flyer as a birthday gift today. Of course, him not knowing much about flyers and it being a surprise he couldn’t ask for help, he went a bought a flyer that was 11 weeks old. I’ve only ever bought flyers at about 5 weeks old. This flyer has already broke skin on my fiancé when trying to hold him and won’t let us near his enclosure to feed or hold him. Now, I understand we’ve only had him 1 day, but from the 3 flyers I’ve owned, I’ve never had this issue. They’ve been very sweet loving and docile babies. This little guy has been wired and on the defense. We can’t even try to hold/bond or even feed him. What is everyone’s take on things? We obviously want to give him more time to adjust, but we also don’t want to wait too long before the sellers try to back out of helping us or taking him back. Please help as we don’t want to give up on him, but we also don’t want to be unfair to him and be afraid of him!