Thread: 5 week old infested with fly (or maggosts?) eggs

Default 5 week old infested with fly (or maggosts?) eggs

Hi:
    Got one little girl yesterday, 5 weeks old, infested with fleas. Rehydrated her, gave her the Down bath and she looks fine. Also eats like a champ now, loves her Esbilac. Dosed her with Capstar to be safe and prevent new eggs.

Her little bro arrived today. Now this poor little guy arrived totally infested with white eggs - fly (or maggots???) - so much so that scraping my nail gently on its tail it felt completely bumpy and so did the entire skin of his back. He also had fleas. I've rehydrated him with Gastrolyte, gave him .05 Capstar (as per his weight) and then gave him a Down bath, brushing all I could off with a toothbrush. He looks much cleaner now but still, I know he'll need another dose of Capstar tomorrow and probably the day after also. I'm keeping him separate from his sister for now, until sure that everything is under control.

I was wondering if, to be on the safe side, I could put a tiny drop of Revolution for kittens on their nape to help prevent the hatching of new eggs. If so, what dosage would you pros recommend...? She weighs 126gr, he's at 106.
    "In the midst of our lives we must find the magic that makes our souls soar."
    My darling Scooter, beloved Hami, sweet gentle Simon... YOU are the ones who brought that magic in my life. You've changed the way I see all things around me now and, because of you, I want to be a better person. This is not goodbye, my sweethearts. You be at peace, your work here on earth is done... now you are finally, truly free. Until we meet at the Bridge again, please remember that I will always love you.
    The greatness of a nation can be measured by the way it treats its animals.
    - Gandhi -

Default Re: 5 week old infested with fly (or maggosts?) eggs

Personally I would opt to use a Capstar solution topically (wash?) versus revolution on a wee little one...

3. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Spanky:

Nancy in New York (08-07-2019), Scooterzmom (08-07-2019)

What strength would you make the solution? Eat pill I have is 11.4mg. For oral use I've diluted it with 4cc of water.
    "In the midst of our lives we must find the magic that makes our souls soar."
    My darling Scooter, beloved Hami, sweet gentle Simon... YOU are the ones who brought that magic in my life. You've changed the way I see all things around me now and, because of you, I want to be a better person. This is not goodbye, my sweethearts. You be at peace, your work here on earth is done... now you are finally, truly free. Until we meet at the Bridge again, please remember that I will always love you.
    The greatness of a nation can be measured by the way it treats its animals.
    - Gandhi -

Quote Originally Posted by Scooterzmom View Post
    What strength would you make the solution? Eat pill I have is 11.4mg. For oral use I've diluted it with 4cc of water.
    Here's a good thread.
    I've never had to use Capstar.
    Thank you for helping these little
    ones.

https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...hlight=capstar

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Nancy in New York from:

Scooterzmom (08-07-2019)

Capstar a must on fly strikes