Thread: Single in Lake County FL

Default Single in Lake County FL

It's been a long time, friends. I'm still around and we're doing well. Had some sadness recently, as my flyer, Munch, recently died. Today, however, on my lunch break, sitting in my car eating lunch during a rainstorm under a tree, what do I hear but that tell tale squeak. I would have sworn I was wrong, I didn't want to be right. But, I heard it again and knew what it was. I found a baby girl wrapped up in moss on the ground in this cold rain. No other babies to be found. It's been almost two years since I've raised the squirrel, but I remember the basics. She's in pretty good shape, 29 grams, and just took one cc of homemade Pedialyte. I'm hoping that someone in my area or in Central Florida has babies that they'd be willing to take her so I don't have to raise her as a single. Can anyone help me out? I'm willing to meet or even drive.Name:  20190724_135456.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  51.4 KB
    Shanon, Squammy to...

Default Re: Single in Lake County FL

Oh my gooooosh! Look at that precious girl saved by your hand. Likely good ol TSB support can find a mama with babies in need of a sister. If not, there’s not a more loving heart than yours ing up a little girl squirrel

Sorry to hear about Munch.
    ...maybe Munch didn't want you to be alone.
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

Quote Originally Posted by Legomom View Post
    It's been a long time, friends. I'm still around and we're doing well. Had some sadness recently, as my flyer, Munch, recently died. Today, however, on my lunch break, sitting in my car eating lunch during a rainstorm under a tree, what do I hear but that tell tale squeak. I would have sworn I was wrong, I didn't want to be right. But, I heard it again and knew what it was. I found a baby girl wrapped up in moss on the ground in this cold rain. No other babies to be found. It's been almost two years since I've raised the squirrel, but I remember the basics. She's in pretty good shape, 29 grams, and just took one cc of homemade Pedialyte. I'm hoping that someone in my area or in Central Florida has babies that they'd be willing to take her so I don't have to raise her as a single. Can anyone help me out? I'm willing to meet or even drive.Name:  20190724_135456.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  51.4 KB
    Please check PM in case you're still looking for someone to take care of the baby.

Thanks for the love & information. Little Miss Raine has found a new home & will be spoiled rotten until she's released. 💕
    Shanon, Squammy to...

6. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Legomom:

GoldenEyes (07-27-2019), HRT4SQRLS (07-27-2019), mel_la_fee (07-27-2019), stepnstone (07-27-2019)

Today Miss Raine came to live with me until release. My goodness, she is tiny. I forgot what 33g looks like. I look forward to being her adopted mama until she goes back to the trees. Thank you Shanon for bringing her.

8. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to HRT4SQRLS:

GoldenEyes (07-27-2019), gunpackingrandma (07-29-2019), stepnstone (07-27-2019)