Thread: new to the forum

erose Guest

Default new to the forum

I'm new to the forum and wanted to say hi. I released my Gabriel in the last week of March this year. So she chose the tree she wanted to live in ( I put her box in a number of different trees until she settled on one ) she hung around for about three months she disappeared during the day but always be in her box at night occasionally she would b gone overnight, then she be gone for 2 to 3 days at a time, then a week, and now I haven't seen her in 3 weeks I'm so worried that something happened to her. she always came when I called her and would eat from my hand, sometimes climb on me. I dont expect or want her to b a pet, just show for breakfast.... wild Chipmunks squirrels and rabbits show up on a regular basis every morning

Default Re: new to the forum

Welcome to tsb...
    It's not unusual for releases to move on once they get more comfortable to their area and establish a new (home) territory.
    Although they usually do come back around after awhile for the handouts you also need to consider that breeding season has
    rolled around and she may be a expectant mom and is holing up in a secure place to have her babies. They generally do not
    roam that far from their chosen birthing place. We all worry about our babies once released but have to accept that we've
    done our best and gave them their freedom to do and be exactly how their lives were intended to be, wild and free.
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

3. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to stepnstone:

gunpackingrandma (07-21-2019), Snicker Bar (07-21-2019)

erose Guest

Default Re: new to the forum

The last time I saw her her belly was pretty heavy I was pretty sure she was expecting and figured the times that she did disappear she was working on another nest. I am grateful that she chose to go down into the woods to make her nest rather than in the pine trees in front (they are right next to road) I just worry ...so many predators here.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

5. 5 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to erose:

GoldenEyes (07-20-2019), gunpackingrandma (07-21-2019), island rehabber (07-20-2019), Snicker Bar (07-21-2019), stepnstone (07-20-2019)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.