Thread: WILD FEMALE WITH EYE INFECTION-NEED SUGGESTION FOR TREATMENT

Default WILD FEMALE WITH EYE INFECTION-NEED SUGGESTION FOR TREATMENT

Hello: One of my backyards female, about 1 year old, already had a litter (black colored nipples) showed up two days ago with left eye shut closed. Managed to come and eat from our nut tray. Today she showed up with here eye, open but swollen, with discharge, red in color and she sometimes paws at it or lightly scratches with hind leg. Eats fine and manages to get around fine.

I have setup a trap to catch her and see if I can give some treatment. AB for her eye, etc. Never done this so I would really appreciate some help on how to treat her if I catch her tomorrow. Here are some pics of what her injury looks like. The two additional files is my Trooper Pharmacy I currently have, so if anyone sees an AB or other drugs I can use right away, please advice. I can have access to any vet drugs once I know what it is. I have 3 vets that will dispense if I ask.

Thanks for any advice,

Trooper's dad
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Attached Images Attached Images
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________________
    " When you save someone's life, you're responsible for theirs for the rest of yours" - Confucius
    Trooper's Troop: Plain, Rufina, Scratchy, Runty, Blackie, Beanie, Biff, PreetyBoy, Limpy, Jaws, Scarface, Badtail and Housemama
    Trooper's Story at: http://www.mixbook.com/photo-books/interests/trooper-friends-9554554?vk=759PD8gn7A

Default Re: WILD FEMALE WITH EYE INFECTION-NEED SUGGESTION FOR TREATMENT

Terramycin Ophthalmic Ointment with Polymyxin B Sulfate could
    be administered topically to the eye preferably 2-4 times daily.
    But I won't /can't say that would be enough (medication) for the
    condition of that eye, I suspect it's "dead" and may need to be
    removed.
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to stepnstone from:

Nancy in New York (07-16-2019)

Default Re: WILD FEMALE WITH EYE INFECTION-NEED SUGGESTION FOR TREATMENT

Thank you Stepnstone. If I catch her today, I will rush her to the vet.

Regards,

Trooper's dad
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________________
    " When you save someone's life, you're responsible for theirs for the rest of yours" - Confucius
    Trooper's Troop: Plain, Rufina, Scratchy, Runty, Blackie, Beanie, Biff, PreetyBoy, Limpy, Jaws, Scarface, Badtail and Housemama
    Trooper's Story at: http://www.mixbook.com/photo-books/interests/trooper-friends-9554554?vk=759PD8gn7A

5. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Trooper:

Nancy in New York (07-16-2019), redwuff (07-16-2019), stepnstone (07-16-2019)