Thread: Dosage for Revolution.

Hybrid View

Default Dosage for Revolution.

Hi everyone. Need a bit of help, please. My guy Rocky has been scratching a bit and his fur is thinning a little on his side by his leg. I ordered some of the Revolution for puppies and kittens up to 2.5 kg. He is 2 years old and weighs 700g. He eats 2 HHBs every day (with coaxing) but his appetite seems a bit off and he's getting pretty picky about all the veggies. I just need to know the dosing and the best way to apply it. I'm a bit nervous about giving him too much without getting your advice!!
    Please and thank you!

Default Re: Dosage for Revolution.

I'm going to preface this by saying that I'm not a rehabber, I've only dosed a wild squirrel orally as a last-ditch effort, so take it with a grain of salt, but this was how I worked out my dose.

The tubes I have are the same as you ordered, 0.25ml tubes for treating up to 2.5kg animals, which is 2500 grams. One ml converts to one gram, I'd read that the average eastern grey weighs 400g to 600g (I assumed upper scale because it was winter but still played it conservative, being a first-time field medicine experiment for me), so I eyeballed around 0.03ml - 0.05ml, which I applied to a walnut half and allowed to dry into a glaze before giving it to the squirrel. It was a tiny, tiny drop, just a little bubble squeezed onto the tip, then touched to the walnut half.

As a topical remedy, I have no idea, or if Revolution is the ideal treatment if you have other options and a more cooperative squirrel.

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to VRB Black Squirrels from:

Rockysmom (07-08-2019)

Here is a recent revolution thread
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...ten-revolution
    I did the math on it as VRB, and dosed orally using 0.05ml using a syringe to get the correct amount, and put it on a nut.

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to lukaslolamaus from:

Rockysmom (07-08-2019)

Thank you both for the quick response! I will check out that thread right now!

7. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Rockysmom:

lukaslolamaus (07-08-2019), VRB Black Squirrels (07-08-2019)