Thread: Hi, I'm new.

Threaded View

Default Hi, I'm new.

I'm a Canadian who signed up here as a carryover from the Rocky rescue mission, as it was playing out on another forum simultaneously.

I'm not a rehabber or guru or whisperer or anything, just a dude with a small army of backyard buddies who I enjoy treating, watching, and photographing. I mostly have melanistic eastern greys here (hence the username), some with neat-looking little mutations, like one who's black with a flaming orange tail, and another who looks like the tip of every hair in his coat was dipped in gold. I wouldn't have thought there could be so much variety in black squirrel coats, but there're a lot of unique-looking ones running around back there.

Not many people I know outside of the internet "get" it, but I think it's awesome having squirrel acquaintances. They're little more than visual background noise to most people, I figure, but it never stops being interesting that I might see a squirrel sniffing around a neighbour's lawn, do my clicking noise, and have him or her perk up and trot over to me. Or when my grumpy little assertive momma squirrel takes a peanut from my fingers, how cool it is to feel her tiny digits on my fingertips and see her so up close. Never would have guessed they were so very, very smart before I got to know some, or so personable and individualistic.

So yeah. Hello!

2. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to VRB Black Squirrels:

island rehabber (07-05-2019), RamaMama (07-05-2019)