Thread: Hi Everyone! So glad I found this forum. I have a question.

Mei Guest

Default Hi Everyone! So glad I found this forum. I have a question.

Hi Everyone,

My husband was working outside and a baby squirrel came up to him. We're pretty sure it was blown out of it's nest. My husband said it almost looked like it was asking for help.
    So we put her in a blanket and left so the mom could come and get her. No luck. I fed her kitten milk and kept her warm and raised her for a couple of months. We took her outside a little at a time and didn't want to leave me. So adorable! Well, we finally got her to love outdoors and my husband built her a squirrel house. She loved it and would come up to us every day for nuts or corn. I could make a little sound like "ch ch ch" and that meant let's play. She would run around the yard and I would chase her and she would chase me. I was so happy for her. Well, a couple of weeks ago she didn't come back. I called her by name and she used to come all the time. We looked everywhere and are so worried. We're happy she is free, but we miss her so much. Does anyone have any idea what might have happened? Is this normal for a squirrel? Any advice or help would be appreciated!!!! Thank you!

Default Re: Hi Everyone! So glad I found this forum. I have a question.

Sounds like you girl has been having the best of both worlds At this time of year - over here anyway - some of the females have started being in heat and some of the males are very busy chasing them. Maybe it's the case?

She also could have decided to go explore on her own, decided she's a big girl and wants to see the world.

I know that is not much consolation when we so want to have at least a sign from them, but... I always say, the hardest part of rehabbing is recognizing and accepting the fact that we have done the best we could for them and trusting mother Nature to do the rest.

I hopeyour girl decides to come and see momma again real soon, if only to show signs of life.
    "In the midst of our lives we must find the magic that makes our souls soar."
    My darling Scooter, beloved Hami, sweet gentle Simon... YOU are the ones who brought that magic in my life. You've changed the way I see all things around me now and, because of you, I want to be a better person. This is not goodbye, my sweethearts. You be at peace, your work here on earth is done... now you are finally, truly free. Until we meet at the Bridge again, please remember that I will always love you.
    The greatness of a nation can be measured by the way it treats its animals.
    - Gandhi -

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Scooterzmom from:

island rehabber (06-23-2019)

Mei Guest

Default Re: Hi Everyone! So glad I found this forum. I have a question.

Awwww...thank you so much Scooterzmom. That makes me feel better. I'll post if she comes back to say hi.

Thanks!!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.