Thread: In need of HELP!

Exclamation In need of HELP!

I’m in need of help/advice!!
    I found a juvenile squirrel on the side of the road Saturday, No visual signs of injury besides bloody eye. I picked her up and having been caring for her all weekend. She will now open her good eye and is eating on puppy replacement formula. She’s peeing and pooping normally far as I know, can use her back legs fully but not so much one of her front legs. Not sure what I need to do, I’ve called vets, mo conservation center & so on to no avail
    Oh! I’m new to this so I’ve No clue how to check replies and so on on this??

Default Re: In need of HELP!

If you leave the site open on your page, you need to reload each time you return to the page. If you exit the site and then return, click where it says "New Posts" in white at the top of the page (just under our title) and look for the title of your post. If it is there, there is a new reply.

A photo or two would be very helpful. Until then, is the front leg just sort of tucked up against the body or is it dangling loose?

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to CritterMom from:

Bcarr (06-17-2019)

Did that photo come through? Tucked up under

Pic?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by CritterMom View Post
    If you leave the site open on your page, you need to reload each time you return to the page. If you exit the site and then return, click where it says "New Posts" in white at the top of the page (just under our title) and look for the title of your post. If it is there, there is a new reply.

A photo or two would be very helpful. Until then, is the front leg just sort of tucked up against the body or is it dangling loose?
    Here!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

You found your way back - good!

First, the best down and dirty step by step "how do you build a baby squirrel" is on the site where most of us buy the adult food and nursing supplies. If you go to https://www.henryspets.com/ and click where it says "Baby Squirrel Care" on the turquoise bar at the top of the page, it will bring up all kinds of good info on what to keep them in, how much to feed, etc.

So the paw is tucked away. know it is a little mean, but can you reach in and pinch the toes on that foot just hard enough to see if she reacts to it by pulling away?

No, but I will certainly try that! She’s due for another feeding in 30 minutes and I will let you know!!! Thank you sooooo much for all of your Info!!!!!! It’s helping!!!

I can’t get ahold of the scruff of her neck. I have finally found a vet that has the credentials to look at her and help us.

10. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Bcarr from:

island rehabber (06-20-2019)

Don't let him put her down!! They can come back from terrible injuries!

Good luck - please let us know.

12. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to CritterMom:

island rehabber (06-20-2019), TubeDriver (06-19-2019)