Thread: Baby fox eating left over squirrel food at night

Default Baby fox eating left over squirrel food at night

I've noticed a baby fox eating the left over squirrel food at night time the last few nights. I'm wondering if I should start picking up the left over food so the fox doesn't eat it or if its ok the let the fox eat their leftover food at night time?

Default Re: Baby fox eating left over squirrel food at night

I generally don't like leaving food around over night. Attracts fox and raccoons that can kill squirrels.

Quote Originally Posted by MapleRidgesquirrel View Post
    I've noticed a baby fox eating the left over squirrel food at night time the last few nights. I'm wondering if I should start picking up the left over food so the fox doesn't eat it or if its ok the let the fox eat their leftover food at night time?
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to TubeDriver from:

Diggie's Friend (06-14-2019)

Thanks , I will put less out and pick up what food is left over. It's hard not to feel sorry for baby foxes that appear hungry but I guess they are still a danger to squirrels when they grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by MapleRidgesquirrel View Post
    Thanks , I will put less out and pick up what food is left over. It's hard not to feel sorry for baby foxes that appear hungry but I guess they are still a danger to squirrels when they grow up.
    I actually discovered that I HAD foxes because they loved the peanut butter Mazuri blocks I put out for my wild squirrels so much! Baby foxes are adorable. But the parents should be around. They hang with the parents until they are pretty much indistinguishable - lots of time spent learning to hunt. If these are hungry and thin and not with adults, they NEED help.

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to CritterMom from:

TubeDriver (06-14-2019)

They appear healthy and tonight I saw 3 babies and 2 adults in my yard. thanks