Thread: Feeding

ErynSkye Guest

Exclamation Feeding

Question. I just got 3 orphaned red squirrels that are approximately 3-4 weeks of age today. I have been doing feedings every 3 hours. Do I continue to feed them every 3 hours throughout the night as well? I assume I do but just want to be sure I’m doing what’s best for them.

Thanks!
    Eryn

Default Re: Feeding

to TheSquirrelBoard

When I first get babies in I do feed them through the night for a few days. They usually are dehydrated when they first come in so I hydrate/feed them round the clock. After they are stabilized it depends on how old they are or the size. I’m not familiar with the size of baby Red squirrels so I will just comment on age. If you think they are nearing 4 weeks they don’t need night feedings. I feed older babies late at night (around 11-12 PM) and early in the morning (around 5-6 AM).

Can you post a pic? Others on the board are familiar with red squirrels and can confirm the age.

3. 5 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to HRT4SQRLS:

firerunner (06-19-2019), gunpackingrandma (06-06-2019), Mel1959 (06-05-2019), Nancy in New York (06-05-2019), stepnstone (06-04-2019)

Members who have read this thread: 1