Thread: Flying squirrels and earthworms

Default Flying squirrels and earthworms

I have a two and a half year old flying squirrel and I recently moved to Pennsylvania, Gettysburg and there are no pet stores around unless I drive really far. I was planting some vegetables today and noticed a bunch of earthworms in the ground and I was wondering if my little flyer would be able to eat the earthworms.
    My Roxi, my girl forever. She stole my heart. She is gone but never forgotten.

Milo's Mom is offline Permitted Pennsylvania Wildlife Rehabilitator

Default Re: Flying squirrels and earthworms

No, please do not feed wild earthworms to your flyer or anything else. Wild worms carry parasites, specifically gape worm.
    Look up happy worms online. They sell very nice worms that are farm raised. Not sure about earthworms but we use 10's of thousands of his other worms every year and are very happy with the quality. The owners name is Rob and he loves his worms.

Top-quality custom cage gear, accessories, blankets, & toys.
    Boutique items are fun, unique, and anything but ordinary.

TSB thread: Auntie MM's Custom Boutique Website: https://auntiemmscb.square.site/ Facebook: Auntie MM's Facebook Page

3. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Milo's Mom:

Grinderhead (05-24-2019), Mel1959 (05-25-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Milo's Mom View Post
    No, please do not feed wild earthworms to your flyer or anything else. Wild worms carry parasites, specifically gape worm.
    Look up happy worms online. They sell very nice worms that are farm raised. Not sure about earthworms but we use 10's of thousands of his other worms every year and are very happy with the quality. The owners name is Rob and he loves his worms.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Milo's Mom View Post
    I have tried looking up happy worms and happy worm farm but I'm not getting anything specific except uncle Jim's happy worms. Could you be more specific.

Milo's Mom is offline Permitted Pennsylvania Wildlife Rehabilitator

Quote Originally Posted by Roxi's mom View Post
    I have tried looking up happy worms and happy worm farm but I'm not getting anything specific except uncle Jim's happy worms. Could you be more specific.
    http://happymealworms.com/

Top-quality custom cage gear, accessories, blankets, & toys.
    Boutique items are fun, unique, and anything but ordinary.

TSB thread: Auntie MM's Custom Boutique Website: https://auntiemmscb.square.site/ Facebook: Auntie MM's Facebook Page

7. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Milo's Mom from:

Roxi's mom (05-30-2019)

This is another good place for bugs of all kinds. Try waxworms (click the amount button you do not have to order 100's).

https://www.rainbowmealworms.net/

9. Serious fuzzy thank you's to BCChins from:

Milo's Mom (05-30-2019)