Penny is about 5 months old eastern gray (I started a thread that ended up in the non life threatening forum that has a ton of details about her diet and her slowness to squirrel called A pretty little Penny) and is being a total brat about eating out of nowhere. Starting with the day we saw Dr. E. (IIRC 5/14) - which was the only day we varied our routine at all - she has decided HHBs suck, and even her favorite fresh foods (Brussels sprouts, blueberries, sugar snaps and grapes) suck. Of course this was not the cornerstone of her fresh foods but they were her total favorites and we used grapes as treats because for some reason she can’t eat whole nuts even though there’s no medical reason for it.

As of the past several days she will scrape the nut pieces out of her HHBs then throw the rest of it on the ground with great drama, she will eat the peas out of a sugar snap IF I open it and hand them to her, and she still will pick at her wild offerings and will eat flowers if I have them that day but fresh veg and blocks is a total stand-off. She is holding out for her boo balls which I make with FV2050 and HHBs. I follow the ratio of the original recipe of 50g each and vary the nuts and baby food each batch. If I decrease the nuts slightly since she gets no other nuts to speak of and doesn’t seem to care for sugary foods anyways would this be terribly unhealthy? I am very worried about MBD and if I have to tough love her I will but I’m kinda curious if this isn’t healthy enough since she’s lean and not getting other nuts and sugars? How long will it take to win the hunger strike if I have to go that route? Tried soaking them in yogurt, her fave flavored baby food, grinding and mixing in baby food, and she’s just not having it . At this point I’m throwing countless dollars down the drain and I just don’t know what to do? Any ideas? I do store them in the freezer always and we got a fresh order in about a week ago.