Thread: Very sick eastern grey

My3sons Guest

Default Very sick eastern grey

We have a 3-4 month old eastern grey we found dehydrated and starving in or yard about 3 months ago. She goes outside all day and then comes in at night. She came out of the basket she uses for a nest this evening around 8 pm and started vomiting, we gave her water and she immediately threw it up again. We repeated this several times. Now she's just laying below her basket.

Default Re: Very sick eastern grey

The best thing to do is continue to offer water to flush her system. She could have eaten something that didn’t agree with her or something that is toxic. I think folks on here have suggested giving them activated charcoal, but I have no idea how much or how to administer it or where to get it.

For the time being I wouldn’t let her out in the morning so you can observe her. Squirrels aren’t designed to vomit..

3. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mel1959:

SammysMom (05-12-2019), stepnstone (05-12-2019)

My3sons Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1959 View Post
    The best thing to do is continue to offer water to flush her system. She could have eaten something that didn’t agree with her or something that is toxic. I think folks on here have suggested giving them activated charcoal, but I have no idea how much or how to administer it or where to get it.

For the time being I wouldn’t let her out in the morning so you can observe her. Squirrels aren’t designed to vomit..
    I'll look into the charcoal and definitely keep her inside tomorrow, thanks.

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to My3sons from:

SammysMom (05-12-2019)

I would offer pedialyte. Of you dont have it, use 1 cup very warm water, 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt to make your own. It will help to balance her electrolytes.
    I would try to give it bnb periodically overnight if possible. It will flush her system.
    Squirrels, squirrels and more squirrels....
    Prayers for the people who make this a better world...
    savesquirrels@sbcglobal.net

Members who have read this thread: 1